Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Telesales

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
apenwith
Weather Station: w8681 BlakeLarsen Sun Recorder
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1

Telesales

Post by apenwith »

Hi All

For anyone running their PC 24/7 I found a great peice of software which cuts off selected numbers at the first ring of the phone using Caller ID. It needs a dial up modem even though you may have a broadband connection (actually I don't have a landline broadband - satellite - BT cannot get as far as me) so I can't comment on how well it works with landline broadband but it works on my system. A screen popup shows the number calling so if you're busy you can choose to answer or not. And it is Traysoft Phonetray. (Free and subscription versions). Maybe it will kill off the dreaded PPI (UK) sellers.
Regards
Alan
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Telesales

Post by mcrossley »

What I want is one that will engage them in banal and meaningless/confusing conversation until they give up :lol:
apenwith
Weather Station: w8681 BlakeLarsen Sun Recorder
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1

Post by apenwith »

Hi

It will send messages but not engage in conversation and there is a ZAP sound which is supposed to cause their computer to erase your number. It has fixed American WAV messages but no doubt one could record your own. The sound out though does not seem to work with WIN7 - I'm still looking for a fix. Most of the calls I used to get were pre recorded press 5 or 9 jobs so banality would be no use.

Regards

Alan
mspec
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2 cabled.
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by mspec »

mcrossley wrote:What I want is one that will engage them in banal and meaningless/confusing conversation until they give up :lol:
If I want that I just hand the phone to the wife. :lol:
cutter
Weather Station: WH1080 & La Crosse WS2800
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Post by cutter »

I was getting up to 8 International & unavailable a day and BT reccomended TRUECALL its not cheap at £100 but worth every penny.
cutter