Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

extra sensor data via api

GW1000 WiFi gateway
fcorrao
Weather Station: Ecowitt gw1002
Operating System: CentOS

extra sensor data via api

Post by fcorrao »

I currently have my gw1000 configured with a custom diy upload server to export data to homeassistant, but I want to have my cake and eat it too. Since the gw1000 only seems to allow exporting to one server, I can't also export data to Cumulus MX. Is there a way CMX would be able to pull this extra sensor data via the Ecowitt data access api?
broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Linux openSUSE

Re: extra sensor data via api

Post by broadstairs »

You have choices. CumulusMX can access the GW1000 directly assuming it is on the same local Lan which is probably the easiest way. If you have a Linux box you could run FOSHKplugin which allows the GW1000 to send custom server data to it and it forwards on to however many places you want to send data.

If it's all local I'd run CumulusMX locally and get it to use the local API (IP connection) and keep Home Assistant getting the custom server data.

Stuart
Currently running CMX V4 4023
Nossie
Weather Station: Ecowitt 2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi5 Debian Bookworm

Post by Nossie »

I came across that myself as ideally I wanted to pipe the information into my home assistant / influxdb setup and cumulus mx.

Not sure the complexity of your HA setup, however my solution was using Cumulus built in MQTT exporter, which from memory gave me more measurements I could use than if I'd used the HACS ecowitt app.

As Stuart said though, lots of options.
Ian.

http://www.StewartonWeather.com
Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host
fcorrao
Weather Station: Ecowitt gw1002
Operating System: CentOS

Post by fcorrao »

Thanks to you both for your responses. It took me some time to get a vm spun up to run the foshk plugin on. I did manage to get it working, sending to both cmx and ha but it's only in the last few days that I completely understood my options. The Ecowitt Local API station type is using API calls to pull the data directly from the gw1000 on the local lan. This frees up the gw1000's customized server option to allow for pushing to home assistant. This means there isn't really a need for foshk for my current use case, and I still get the data in both places. I think I'll shutdown my vm and keep it simple for now. Thanks again.