Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Air quality readings in cumulusmx database

GW1000 WiFi gateway
Defenderdogs
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: RPi3 Buster

Re: Air quality readings in cumulusmx database

Post by Defenderdogs »

Sorry to resurrect this slightly old thread, but on this topic is it possible to graph the air quality readings against the chosen Index? My (Airlink) sensor data is being collected and can be seen in Recent Charts, but (and maybe I am just being dense) I can't see a way to include the index. Is it that this data isn't stored?
watsonm
Weather Station: N96GY -but like Triggers Broom!!
Operating System: Raspberry Pi4 Vers:11 Bullseye

Post by watsonm »

There isn't a column allocated in the database for AQI. You may have to convince Mark that it is worth adding
Regards Mike
Raspberry Pi 4 Bullseye
Directly connected : BMP388 pressure sensor. DHT22 For internal Humidity/temp Sensor. PMS5003 Particle Sensor
Wireless connected: 3 (WS2083)Temp TXr's, WH57 Lightning Sensor, FO Solar sensor
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

Adding the AQI requires knowing about the locale (or some parameter defining the country you wish to use) because it is dependent on which country you are in. AQI is not as simple as it seems.
See my post on this subject.

And of course it is up to Mark to decide what he does.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4023+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

HansR wrote: Thu 15 Dec 2022 11:02 am Adding the AQI requires knowing about the locale (or some parameter defining the country you wish to use) because it is dependent on which country you are in. AQI is not as simple as it seems.
Why would it?

The values being added in to a database have nothing to do with what country you're in?!
SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Post by SamiS »

Mapantz wrote: Thu 15 Dec 2022 5:01 pm Why would it?

The values being added in to a database have nothing to do with what country you're in?!
I think this can be seen both ways. Yes, Air Quality Index is basically just a number that could be stored on database (or at least I can’t figure out why not).

The problem is that the number itself does not tell anything if you do not know which country standard has been used to calculate it. As Hans wrote on the linked post, US AQI has scale from 1 to 500, British has scale from 1 to 10 and EU has two different specifications with scales from 1 to 5 and 1 to 100. And of course Australians have scale of 1 to 200. On the other hand, if you have access to cmx database, you probably should anyway know what standard is used, so it is still useful without any metadata.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

@Mapantz: exactly as @SamiS wrote.

The problem I see with the AQI is that it is not objective. It is a value according to some countries standard and studying that AQI shows it is pretty manipulative. As if the countries institutes know what health related to particulate matter is.

And because my last discussion with beteljuice was about lung related health - he died of failing lungs and knew what he was talking about - i will kind of dedicate this subject to him. As a human being you better know which concentration - which is the only objective measurement we do - is bad for your health than worry about the AQI which is a nonsense quantity. A value in a database does not make it a good or relevant value.

And yes, this is an opinion on interpretation of particulate matter.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4023+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

My point was, the values can be added to a database as is. What you do with them after is up to you..