Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

No downloading data from Davis data logger

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
meteolarissa
Weather Station: VP2 6153 model
Operating System: xp sp3

No downloading data from Davis data logger

Post by meteolarissa »

I have Vantage pro2 6153 model with usb data logger and i just installed cumulus for 1st time. It start read the current data so i thought to close it and open again so download the full of archive data logger data. And i saw the download box but nothing.0 Downloaded sets and i get this problem txt. I attach it so research about it and maybe give me the <lights> to solve it.

Thank you

Vassilis

LARISA-GREECE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: No downloading data from Davis data logger

Post by steve »

That crash isn't related to your problem, it's because you've used the dayfile.txt editor and you don't have a dayfile.txt yet.

If you zip up the diags folder and attach it, I'll take a look.
Steve
meteolarissa

Post by meteolarissa »

Steve goodmorning,

Today it downloaded all data so i dnt think its anymore problem.
I will wait 2-3 days to see if all is Ok, so maybe i was wrong to post about this.
Anyway i send you this file cuz i get many error flashes and to the log i see same text like before.

Bye for now,

Vassilis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

In this build I have just added lots of new error messages to try to avoid the situation where people keep posting asking what they do about the message which says there is a problem at line N in dayfile.txt, including flashing the error light. It's possible that this means that the error light will also flash on the first day that you run Cumulus, when there is no dayfile.txt file. Could you have a look in your data folder to see if you have one, please?

When I get chance I will have to do a clean installation to see what effect the recent changes I've done have on 'day one' systems.
Steve
meteolarissa

Post by meteolarissa »

Ι'm here again,

I have dayfile.txt file with nothing inside...its blank...and i have and one file Δεκ11log in which i see all today data from 2am till now 2pm inside and keep write now data every 10minutes interval.
*Δεκ its December in greek

I think i will see next days if any texts inside dayfile.txt and inform you.

Anyway thank you keep trying solve these Line errors and make more stable Cumulus. :)

Vassilis
Larissa-Greece
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The dayfile will not be written to until Cumulus performs one 'roll-over'. That file contains one line for each day in the past since Cumulus started.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You shouldn't have a blank dayfile.txt file, I suspect that's a result of using the dayfile.txt editor. I should add a warning with Cumulus (which no-one will read), which says "Don't experiment with Cumulus facilities on the first day!".

But it's OK that you're trying things out, just don't expect some of the facilities to work properly until you have a full day's worth of data.
Steve