Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

12 steps an hour

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: 12 steps an hour

Post by steve »

mcrossley wrote:Note also that the gauge component only seems to display to integer values.
It displays intermediate values for me (with my Fine Offset)?
Cumulus_2011-12-02_09-00-39.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I must be out of date then. :oops: I was sure, but now I think about it was the sectors not the pointer. I should keep quiet about something that I very rarely look at any more, shut away on my laptop server on top of a filing cabinet.
opticsman0127
Weather Station: Davis Pro2 Wireless

Post by opticsman0127 »

"Note also that the gauge component only seems to display to integer values."

Why? Is it not possible to plot intermediate values after the data has been factored in?
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Sorry Barry I was wrong, it does.
opticsman0127

Post by opticsman0127 »

Mark,

See what you mean but, there is something very strange going on here. The wind speed that Cumulus plots is an average. This is displayed on the desktop panel clearly. So, why should Cumulus calculate and plot the average wind speed to the nearest integer without the 'Round wind speeds' box being ticked in Configuration/Station settings.
Help file...
Round wind speeds
Tick this to have wind speeds rounded to the nearest integer

Surely it is capable of calculating an average to one decimal place and plotting that. :idea:

Barry
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

opticsman0127 wrote:Surely it is capable of calculating an average to one decimal place and plotting that.
It is, and it does if you tell it to, but that is of course spurious accuracy. But your average is presumably coming from the weather station as you haven't configured Cumulus to calculate it.
Steve
opticsman0127

Post by opticsman0127 »

I don't understand you Steve. If Cumulus calculates an average from values supplied by Davis and then plots them, how can they be spurious? They are a true representation of an average of what Davis sends to Cumulus.
To set this up does it just require the checking of "Calculate 10 minute wind average" on station Settings, or are there other functions needed to be checked
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

opticsman0127 wrote:I don't understand you Steve. If Cumulus calculates an average from values supplied by Davis and then plots them, how can they be spurious? They are a true representation of an average of what Davis sends to Cumulus.
If you calculate an average from data that is accurate to 1 mph, and you give the average figure using decimal places, then you are implying an accuracy in the original data which does not exist.
To set this up does it just require the checking of "Calculate 10 minute wind average" on station Settings
Yes.
Steve