Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

In praise of Cumulus

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
aluga
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2

In praise of Cumulus

Post by aluga »

Cumulus is really-really great compared to the software provided by Davis (Weatherlink)!

We have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 station and use an ICS-100 as the COM<-->TCP/IP converter. We publish current and last 24 hours of data in 1 minute interval in our homepage. The problem we encountered with Weatherlink is that both the current data and the 24h graphs "froze" spontaneously. 24h graphs froze more often, at least 2 times in a month: the software kept generating the graphs of some point in the past. The only way to remedy the situation was to power off the station on site - in port, 1000m from the shore, 7 m up (not so bad in summer, terrible in winter).

Cumulus doesn't freeze, the graphs are more flexible and look better (which I haven't took proper advantage of yet).
Thank you! :clap:
mermaidbeachweather
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: In praise of Cumulus

Post by mermaidbeachweather »

I aggree whole heartedly with your comments re Cumulus, I too fell into the trap by purchasing Davis Weatherlink, alomst every day I had to restart my computor as weatherlink indicated there is a "communication error" i tried everything they suggested in their trouble shooting section, including installing two recommended ferrite coils to be installed around the power cable. after being introuced to Cumulus and having it installed by a very knowledgeable person from Brisbaneliveweather i have never had any problems and it just keeps improving. Thanks again Steve :clap: :clap: Brian