Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Rain Total Fault

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Raydon
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit

Rain Total Fault

Post by Raydon »

On the 15/7/11 I closed my computer down overnight next morning started it up but did not start Cumulus untill today 17/7/11 and the rain totals are incorrect when closed on 15/7/11 Rain Month = 78.4mm Rain Year = 420.4mm Rain Today = 0.4mm Know the totals read 17/7/11 Today = 432.4mm when you look at my site you can see the problem could you tell me how to correct it ?

Cheers
Ray

http://www.outdoorlife.myzen.co.uk/cumulus/index.htm
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Rain Total Fault

Post by steve »

Please zip up the diags folder and attach it. You may well have the same problem as Steve Willington (morphic resonance?) if you left it longer between runs of Cumulus than your logger holds data for. What interval do have your station (not Cumulus) logger set to?
Steve
Raydon

Post by Raydon »

Hi Steve,

I have been using Cumulus for over a year with no problems it was just stopped on the 15/7/11 to move some wires and I forgot to restart it untill the 17/7/1. my station is set for 15 minutes.

Diags attached.

Cheers
Ray
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

In a way, it is the same problem, but this is really a bug in Cumulus. You closed down just before midnight on the 15th, so when Cumulus downloaded the logger data later, the first entry was timestamped 00:00 on the 16th. Cumulus thought there had been a gap because the date didn't match, so reset the rain counter.

If you stop Cumulus, and edit today.ini, and change the Start= line to

Start=420.4

When you start Cumulus again, the totals should be correct.

I know it's not always possible, but I would always recommend not closing down or starting up Cumulus close to midnight. It copes most of the time, but there's a risk of hitting odd problems like this.
Steve
Raydon

Post by Raydon »

Steve I have done as you said looks a lot better but still does not read the same as the console the console reads as follows

Daily Rain = 12.0mm
Month Rain = 120.2mm
Year Rain = 462.2mm
Rain Storm = 42.2mm
Last 24hr = 17.2mm

can it be corrected I have also included Diags again and screen grab

Cheers
Ray
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You need to set the Start value to 462.2 minus 12.0 = 450.2. Sorry, I don't know where I got the other figure from.
Steve