Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Easyweather WH1080, sending data history to website.

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
jerry3571

Easyweather WH1080, sending data history to website.

Post by jerry3571 »

Hello,
I'm new to all this so, :roll:
I have the Weather Station mentioned above. I have presently got my current info being downloaded to Wunderground when the Computer is on.
When the Computer is switched off, the Weather Station continues to collect weather information. Once Computer is on again, Cumulus sees the stored history and preforms some lovely graphs where there are no data gaps.
The trouble is that the information I see on Cumulus does not seem to be able to get to the Wunderground website. I have some big gaps when the Computer is off. Is there a way to get my history to Wunderground and remedy my terrible Graphs on line. My Graphs can be spotted on Wunderground; the ocde is IWILTSHI20 :shock:
keithatrochdale
Weather Station: WH1080PC
Operating System: XP

Re: Easyweather WH1080, sending data history to website.

Post by keithatrochdale »

Have you tried asking Wunderground this question?

I too have the same problem, as I guess do others that turn the PC off.

One thing I have noticed, if you stay on till just after midnight and get one reading on Wunderground, when you re-start later on that day the last and first reading is joined by a straight line!
Nothing is foolproof, to a sufficiently talented fool . . .

WH1080PC Rochdale UK, 171m
jerry3571

Post by jerry3571 »

Ah, you too get huge straight lines on your graph. I guess Wunder' are just joining up the gaps as best as possible with a big ruler.
I've put a message up on thier BLOG and posted someone in the next town but Wunderground people seem to be less freindly than Cumulus people. Most people there seems to have data which is on going and detailed which hints that these people leave thier Computers on. The data from my Easyweather Station is collected every quarter of an hour, not every few minutes as with Wundergrounds Rapid Fire thingy, so the graphs would look slightly different if it were possible to download stored data.
Thanks for responding; I'm not the only one then!
Jerry
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

When you start Cumulus up and it downloads the 'missed' data from the station, it doesn't try to send it Wunderground. In experiments I have done (doing a 'get' with the correct parameters from a browser), it appears that Wunderground ignores the timestamp in each upload and uses the current time instead. So it's impossible to fill in missing data. Unless my experiments were incorrect...

Even if I'm wrong and it does work, I'm wondering how much it would slow down the startup if all the data from the logger was sent to Wunderground...

Steve