Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4021) - 04 May 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Copy, not FTP, files

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
serowe
Weather Station: WM918
Operating System: Win Server 2008 R2

Copy, not FTP, files

Post by serowe »

daj - question about the Toolbox.

From what I can see it can only backup data files with a new file name - it can't copy files for further processing - is this correct?

For example - I want to be able to copy (not FTP) some files from my servers Cumulus folder into the web servers heirachy and then run my daily import srcipts on them.

I can see how I can run the scripts (no problems there), but the back copies, for example, dayfile.txt as dayfile_23010-11-06_00.txt which is no good to me as the sacript, being automated, isn;t going to be clever enough to append the date every time (I could do that but, to be honest, don;t want to).

So - have I missed something here? As I say - I can;t FTP the files as they (the Cumulus and web server) are on a local server and FTP isn't enabled.
Punctuation is the difference between 'Let's eat, grandma' and 'Let's eat grandma'
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Re: Copy, not FTP, files

Post by daj »

Toolbox expects to FTP them; I hadn't considered the option of copying them locally as there are so many other ways to do it.

You could use the Windows Scheduler to copy your dayfile at a specific time each day. "Schedule Tasks" in the control panel
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
serowe
Weather Station: WM918
Operating System: Win Server 2008 R2

Re: Copy, not FTP, files

Post by serowe »

I hadn't looked at using that as it is 'another' app to run to accomplish one task :) I was hoping to keep everything 'together' (if oyu understand what I mean) so that the copy occurs at time nn:nn and then the following two scripts will only get run AFTER the copying had taken place.

OK - so I understand where you have come from in this - how about this for an idea?

At present, as I mentioned, the backup append the date and (I presume) a sequence number to the file name - can this in any way be made optional (the option being NOT to add the date/seq no to the files) - this would accomplish the same thing (back up the files BUT not necessarily as daily versions of the files (in my case I already have these in my nightly scheduled server backups anyway). Just a thought :)
Punctuation is the difference between 'Let's eat, grandma' and 'Let's eat grandma'