Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.0 (build 4022) - 11 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

problem with cumulus toolbox at reboot

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
hills
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1091
Operating System: Raspbian Buster

problem with cumulus toolbox at reboot

Post by hills »

ok what have I done now?? :roll:

I have cumulus toolbox set to startup at reboot and I get a window stating something like checking the application, then after a while I get another window with the error "cannot download the application. The application is missing required files. contact application vendor for assistance."

I have just upgraded to version 45, but this still happens at reboot. I have attached the log file that is created.

Have I broken something or can I turn off the option that tries to download the app again.

While this is happening or afterwards I can start the toolbox from the desktop icon without any issues and it runs fine.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: problem with cumulus toolbox at reboot

Post by mcrossley »

My guess would be your internet connection still initialising when toolbox starts? Maybe start it from a script and put a delay in of a minute or so? I expect Dave will have a proper answer for you :)
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

I wonder if you have two versions installed on your PC?!

The startup file should be
"C:\Program Files\Cumulus Toolbox\CumulusToolBox.exe"

You seem to be launching the application preferences file which then wants to use Deployment to download the app from my server, but I do not allow this.

Check your installed Programs in the control panel -- uninstalling as necessary. You can also uninstall the live one and re-install and no data/setup will be lost.
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
hills
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1091
Operating System: Raspbian Buster

Post by hills »

Excellent thanks for that, you've pointed me in the right direction and I think I've found the problem. I only had one install but I had accidentally copied CumulusToolBox.exe into startup rather than just a shortcut, so after an upgrade that would have been an old version.

I'll test it tonight after my webcam has stopped uploading for the day as reboots sometimes cause issues with my "replay last 24 hours" option.

Thanks again!