Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4021) - 04 May 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Oh My

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
keith2uk
Weather Station: L C 2350
Operating System: Windows 7 ultimate

Oh My

Post by keith2uk »

Oh My, I've just bought a weather station and thought it would be so easy to set it up and enjoy. Having read various pages and having been told I really need to download Cumulus, which I have done, I now seem to be somewhat confused. I hadn't thought of putting results on line. So I shall have to do a lot more reading before I can move forward, and make a decision on exactly which way to go?

But Hey Ho, no doubt I will get there in the end.

Regards - Keith
hills
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1091
Operating System: Raspbian Buster

Re: Oh My

Post by hills »

Welcome Keith! You're about to learn a lot on new skills if you put your details online. There's plenty of good info on this forum and in the documentation, so if you follow that and ask any questions when you get stuck, you'll be online in no time! ;) I think its well worth while doing!

If you need a hosting service, speak to Daj on here,. I've seen a post on here before where he offered to set up the cumulus web pages for his customers.
EvilV
Weather Station: Watson W-8261
Operating System: XP

Re: Oh My

Post by EvilV »

keith2uk wrote:Oh My, I've just bought a weather station and thought it would be so easy to set it up and enjoy. Having read various pages and having been told I really need to download Cumulus, which I have done, I now seem to be somewhat confused. I hadn't thought of putting results on line. So I shall have to do a lot more reading before I can move forward, and make a decision on exactly which way to go?

But Hey Ho, no doubt I will get there in the end.

Regards - Keith
In the meantime Keith, you can stick them up on weather underground quite easily if you like. Check out the link in my signature line. It was very easy thanks to Cumulus being set up to do the hard work for me. You just register your site, tell cumulus to upload it and how frequently, and it's pretty much done as far as I remember the process.

You also get the satisfaction of being on a map which a lot of people might come across. Mine is the station under the 'b' of 'Longbenton' on this map:

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/? ... tric&rad=0

The sign up weather station page is here:

http://www.wunderground.com/wxstation/signup.html