Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4021) - 04 May 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus rainfall reporting to MesoWest

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Skywatcher_ne
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Cumulus rainfall reporting to MesoWest

Post by Skywatcher_ne »

I am using the APRS feature in Cumulus and all of my data is getting to MesoWest just fine except for rainfall data. When looking at their FAQ I found this:

Why isn't my rain data being displayed on MADIS and MesoWest? The APRS weather format allows for three types of precipitation measurements to be coded into the data packet as discussed above. However, MADIS only accepts two of these, the rate (rxxx in hundredths of inches per hour) and the 24 hour precipitation (pxxx in hundredths of inches). So, if your data packet does not contain rxxx or pxxx, there are no rain data that can be forwarded to MADIS or MesoWest.

Is there a way to configure Cumulus to report in the way they require? I am using Cumulus 1.8.8 ver 881.

Thanks
David
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus rainfall reporting to MesoWest

Post by steve »

Not currently. Cumulus sends the "r" data (rain in last hour) and "P" data (rain since midnight), but it doesn't have ready access to the rain in the last 24 hours. It's something that I may add in the future.
Steve