Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Problem with the records menu

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

rchi
Weather Station: Fine Offset
Operating System: Raspberry 3+ and now RB 4+

Problem with the records menu

Post by rchi »

Good morning and greetings to everyone,
I'm transferring my weather site from a Raspberry 3+ with CumumulusMx 3.9.1 to a Raspberry 4+ with Cumulus MX v:3.25.0, b:324, taking advantage of the opportunity to also update the software.
Once the new Cumulus was installed, I transferred the Cumulus.ini file and the contents of the Data and Reports folders 3 to 4 to the new RB.
Practically everything is fine apart from the Records menu which only shows the month of April 2024 while nothing appears if I select other dates.
This is very strange because if I use the Records menu in the administrative area I see all the values correctly.
I also tried to recreate the values from the Edit/Year's Records Editor or Monthly Records Editor menu and then click on "Fetch Monthly log data" the data appears Ok but not on the frontend side where only the data of the current month/year is shown.
I don't know if I explained myself well, could anyone give me a tip to solve this problem?
Thanks and good luck to everyone
Roberto

PS: Obviously, on the old site, everything continues to work perfectly.
broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Windows 7 and Linux

Re: Problem with the records menu

Post by broadstairs »

Not sure exactly what you are seeing, mine works fine. Perhaps a screenshot might help.

Stuart
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

Did you transfer correctly all ini files from the old datafolder to the new one?
It sounds a bit as if there is the problem.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

check that all files are copied over from the v:3.25.0, b:324 zip file. run the hash check.

only other thing is browse the changelog in case something needs to be done from 3.9.1 to 3.25.

start from here and read each changelog. there maybe something that needs to be done.

viewtopic.php?p=148406#p148406
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

rchi

Post by rchi »

broadstairs wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 9:50 am Not sure exactly what you are seeing, mine works fine. Perhaps a screenshot might help.

Stuart
In essence, historical data is found and displayed from the administrative area; on the website, however, only the data for the month of April appears.

Backend ok.jpg
frontend no.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rchi

Post by rchi »

HansR wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 9:57 am Did you transfer correctly all ini files from the old datafolder to the new one?

I think so, I followed the instructions provided on this same forum. What I don't understand is why in the administrative area the data is found and seen..
broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Windows 7 and Linux

Post by broadstairs »

Ah OK so the screenshot showing the all time records is on your website not the dashboard which means that maybe the correct data has not been uploaded. If it works on the dashboard but not on your website something on there is missing.

Stuart
SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Post by SamiS »

rchi wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 10:21 am
HansR wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 9:57 am Did you transfer correctly all ini files from the old datafolder to the new one?
I think so, I followed the instructions provided on this same forum. What I don't understand is why in the administrative area the data is found and seen..
Did you also remember to upload the updated contents of webfiles-folder to your website? Or was it a completely new website? If it is a new website, then I think you should check the Records Began Date from Station Settings - General Settings - Advanced Options.
rchi

Post by rchi »

Also tried with this setting but nothing to do, everything remains the same. Do you by any chance know from which file Cumulus takes the data to display on the records page? :roll:
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

monthlyalltimelog.txt
David
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
We can see the Records page on your website. Can you also provide a screen capture of your local Dashboard > Records > Records
Also, what date do you have in your Station settings > General Settings > Advanced Options > Records Began Date?

Code: Select all

Advanced Options
 Here be dragons! Only alter these settings if you understand what they do.

Records Began Date:  2008-10-23
 IMPORTANT: You MUST keep the date format YYYY-MM-DD. This is the 'Date of birth' for your Cumulus install, it defaults to the first time you run the program. You may need to alter this if for instance you import historic data in Cumulus from another source, in that case set it to the first date of your imported data.
Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
HansR

Post by HansR »

water01 wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 pm monthlyalltimelog.txt
No this is not the file, it is monthlyalltime.ini and further all inifiles in the contain record data (e.g. year.ini, yesterday.ini etc...).
Not advised to edit the files directly, use the editor in CMX.

The Records Began Date as advised by Paul has a good chance of being the culprit.
Hans

rchi

Post by rchi »

PaulMy wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2024 9:06 pm Hi,
We can see the Records page on your website. Can you also provide a screen capture of your local Dashboard > Records > Records
Also, what date do you have in your Station settings > General Settings > Advanced Options > Records Began Date?

Code: Select all

Advanced Options
 Here be dragons! Only alter these settings if you understand what they do.

Records Began Date:  2008-10-23
 IMPORTANT: You MUST keep the date format YYYY-MM-DD. This is the 'Date of birth' for your Cumulus install, it defaults to the first time you run the program. You may need to alter this if for instance you import historic data in Cumulus from another source, in that case set it to the first date of your imported data.
Hi Paolo, here are the screenshots, as you can see only the data for April 2024 appears; it seems that Cumulus populates the pages only with data from April, if you choose to show other dates the pages are without data. Grazie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR

Post by HansR »

Mmm... time to post the logfile.

Please set debug logging on, restart CMX and then ask the all time records page in the interface (I am not sure that is needed to get info in the logfile but it does not hurt ;) )
Hans

rchi

Post by rchi »

HansR wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2024 10:33 am Mmm... time to post the logfile.

Please set debug logging on, restart CMX and then ask the all time records page in the interface (I am not sure that is needed to get info in the logfile but it does not hurt ;) )
Thanks again for the time you dedicate to me, for the log file I looked in the MxDiags folder but I see several files and I don't know which one to take... On the other hand I opened the most recently updated one and I saw that it contains many errors type: "2024-04-12 13:00:00.501 FTP[Int]: CumulusMX Connecting to ftp.nameofsite.it
2024-04-12 13:00:00.501 LogFluentFtpMessage: Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
(I'll attach one of the files to help you understand better...)

Other than that I don't know how to log in for debug (Sorry).
Anyway this thing is getting too messed up what do you say if I do a fresh install and start over?
It makes me want to stay on the Raspberry 3+ for life on which Cumulus has been running without the slightest problem for 3 years! :roll: