Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

UniqueId.txt

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Nossie
Weather Station: Ecowitt 2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi5 Debian Bookworm

UniqueId.txt

Post by Nossie »

Hi Mark,

Do you mind giving more information on how UniqueId.txt is created? does it start empty, is it created at first launch? at what point is it initialised? Is there a way to choose where the file gets created? (e.g in any other folder but the main folder)

Context -
I can't touch the file as cumulusmx wont populate it
I can't bind the file as target needs to have a relative path
I can't mount the file as it does not exist on first boot (so it creates a folder)
I would never ask for it to be disabled

I even tried

Code: Select all

# Check if UniqueId.txt exists and is not empty
if [ -s /opt/CumulusMX/UniqueId.txt ]; then
    # UniqueId.txt exists and is not empty, so copy its contents to /opt/CumulusMX/config/UniqueId.txt
    echo "Copying UniqueId.txt contents..."
    cp -f /opt/CumulusMX/UniqueId.txt /opt/CumulusMX/config/UniqueId.txt
else
    # UniqueId.txt not found or empty, copying back from host
    echo "Copying UniqueId.txt back from host..."
    cp -f /opt/CumulusMX/config/UniqueId.txt /opt/CumulusMX/UniqueId.txt
fi
I wouldn't normally ask for this but can I request an option to change the location of this file? I'd normally just remap it myself but as you can see I'm hitting a wall - :bash:

thanks,
Ian.
Ian.

http://www.StewartonWeather.com
Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: UniqueId.txt

Post by mcrossley »

Changing the location would be problematic, the obvious place to store the location would be in Cumulus.ini, but we need to unique id to read that file correctly.

The file is created with contents if it does not exist and Cumulus.ini is not encrypted, otherwise an error is raised.

What I can do is change it so that the file is created if it does not exist OR it is present but empty, create it with content or write the content. That will allow you to create a dummy zero length file and work with that?
Nossie

Post by Nossie »

Thanks Mark,

I think that would work, if the file exists from the beginning I can map around that and it would work like anything else -- good plan and greatly appreciated!

Are there any caveats regarding this, does the uniqueid get regenerated at any point or is it only on a new install - thanks.
Ian.

Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

It is only created at first install.
Nossie

Post by Nossie »

hmmmmm so

I tried converting the data on a test install of cmx4 docker with basic paths - it worked fine. So I backed everything up and started the full process and I'm getting this error, I can understand possibly why it might be in use .... but I don't understand why a similar process worked on the test one.

root@3c0b65a00eb5:/opt/CumulusMX# dotnet MigrateData3to4.dll
MigrateData v.1.0.0

This will convert your log files from Cumulus MX v3 to Cumulus MX v4 format
  Files will be read from  : /opt/CumulusMX/datav3
  New files will created in: /opt/CumulusMX/data

Any existing files in the output folder will be overwritten

Press a Enter to continue, or Ctrl-C to exit

Processing started: Friday, 29 March 2024 00:02:55

Migrating v3 dayfile.txt to data/dayfile.txt
Dayfile: Warning! Input dayfile.txt not found

Migrating monthly log files
Found 0 monthly log files to process

Migrating Extra monthly log files
Found 1 monthly Extra log files to process
  Processing file datav3/ExtraLog202403.txt... done.

Migrating AirLink monthly log files
Found 0 monthly AirLink log files to process

Migrating Custom monthly log files

No Custom interval log files defined in Cumulus.ini

Migrating Custom daily log files

No Custom daily log files defined in Cumulus.ini

Copying 'other' files
Copying alltime.ini to destination... Error copying file alltime.ini - The process cannot access the file '/opt/CumulusMX/data/alltime.ini' because it is being used by another process.

Copying month.ini to destination... Error copying file month.ini - The process cannot access the file '/opt/CumulusMX/data/month.ini' because it is being used by another process.

Copying monthlyalltime.ini to destination... Error copying file monthlyalltime.ini - The process cannot access the file '/opt/CumulusMX/data/monthlyalltime.ini' because it is being used by another process.

Copying today.ini to destination... Error copying file today.ini - The process cannot access the file '/opt/CumulusMX/data/today.ini' because it is being used by another process.

Copying year.ini to destination... Error copying file year.ini - The process cannot access the file '/opt/CumulusMX/data/year.ini' because it is being used by another process.

File yesterday.ini not found: Manually copy this file to the \data folder if required
Copying cumulusmx.db to destination... Error copying file cumulusmx.db - The process cannot access the file '/opt/CumulusMX/data/cumulusmx.db' because it is being used by another process.

Copying diary.db to destination... Error copying file diary.db - The process cannot access the file '/opt/CumulusMX/data/diary.db' because it is being used by another process.

Processing completed: Friday, 29 March 2024 00:02:56

Press Enter to exit
Although now I think about it - I'll need to do it again and rule out there were no files in the data folder after what I thought moving them to datav3

Anyway a try for another night - put everything back and I'm getting this in the logs...

2024-03-29 01:00:16 - AWEKAS: Exception = The operation was canceled.
2024-03-29 00:52:15 - CustomHttpMinutes: Error ocurred - The operation was canceled.
2024-03-29 00:42:15 - CustomHttpMinutes: Error ocurred - The operation was canceled.
2024-03-29 00:32:15 - CustomHttpMinutes: Error ocurred - The operation was canceled.
2024-03-29 00:22:46 - CustomHttpMinutes: Error ocurred - The operation was canceled.
2024-03-29 00:20:53 - Realtime[25]: Warning, a previous cycle is still processing local files. Skipping this interval.
2024-03-29 00:20:46 - Realtime[24]: Warning, a previous cycle is still processing local files. Skipping this interval.
2024-03-29 00:20:21 - Realtime[22]: Warning, a previous cycle is still processing local files. Skipping this interval.
Customhttpminutes?
Ian.

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

CustomHttpminutes is processing: Settings > Third Party Settings > Custom HTTP > Custom HTTP call - minutes interval
Nossie

Post by Nossie »

mcrossley wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2024 12:17 pm CustomHttpminutes is processing: Settings > Third Party Settings > Custom HTTP > Custom HTTP call - minutes interval
Thank you! not sure if the site has went down or something else but atleast I know what it is -
Ian.