Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Botched Upgreade

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

DeerWeather
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: WIN7PRO

Botched Upgreade

Post by DeerWeather »

I shut down MX and using FTP dragged the CumulusMX folder from my Pi-3 over to my PC desktop. (Made an extra copie just in case).
Then I copied over the 3.28.2 files to the folder I pulled off the Pi-3, then put that back on my Pi-3. Reboot and MX is back up and running at 3.28.2 but I am missing all the historical data when I view the MX dashboard. When I browse the Backup and Data folders on the Pi-3, the older .ini and .txt files still seem to be intact. I did see some FTP errors that seem to indicate MX was maybe NOT fully shut down?

Here is a sample when trying to FTP from my desk top back to the Pi-3

Command: put "C:\Users\frank\Desktop\pi3 Cumulus-back-up\CumulusMX\backup\daily\20240131000000\month.ini" "month.ini"
Error: /opt/CumulusMX/backup/daily/20240131000000/month.ini: open for write: permission denied
Error: File transfer failed

Not panicking yet but any advice would be most welcome.... That pi-3 / MX has been running perfectly for years.

Thank you!! :D
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Botched Upgreade

Post by water01 »

Bad idea copying to the desktop of your User.

Set up CumulusMX folder in the root of the C: Drive i.e. C:\CumulusMX and FTP it there.

Bare in mind Unix/Linux environments are very picky about using upper/lower case folders/directories/filenames (i.e. they must be correct) whereas Windows couldn't care less. Also Windows uses Backward slash (i.e. C:\xxxxxxxxx\xxxxxx) and Unix/Linux uses Forward slash (i.e. /etc/bin/xxxxx) so you may have to make changes to Cumulus.ini to make it pick up the files correctly (probably best to hand edit with a good editor, not notepad!!).
David