Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus Data into Web Pages

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

g7vnn
Weather Station: Watson W-8681
Operating System: Windows 7

Cumulus Data into Web Pages

Post by g7vnn »

Hi All

Apologies if my query has been covered elsewhere on the site, but I couldn't find quite what I was after!!

I'm trying to develop a website for my own use - I'm using it as a self training exercise. I'd like to display certain parameters eg. current temperature on my home page. I currently have an xml file (cumulus.xml) uploaded to the root of the site where the homepage is situated. I know I can use the data from the xml file, but I don't know how to do it!! Can someone point me in the right direction??

Thanks

Chris.
TNETWeather

Re: Cumulus Data into Web Pages

Post by TNETWeather »

You would need to use something that parses the XML file to get the information you want and serve it in your page.

This is fairly easy to do using PHP and can also be done in Perl, ASP, Python, several types of shell etc...

Don't know what type of web server you are using as you didn't provide a link and not enough info to know how or what you are using.
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

Kris,

If you are just starting out on website development, I would suggest using the PHP tags rather than XML. There is nothing special to be done with the WebTags file and PHP is simple to use. Of course this depends if your web provider supports PHP, but if it is paid account then they probably do. Most free ones do not.

http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Php_webtags

You could them move on to XML later on
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
g7vnn
Weather Station: Watson W-8681
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by g7vnn »

Hi Guys

Thanks for your responses!! I'm going to give PHP a go and build something from there. I've seen several PHP based posts on the forum, so I'll make a start there.

Many Thanks

Chris.
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

Good choice Chris

My whole site is driven by PHP & PHP webtags (with some Javascript for realtime). But you will get a great site with PHP alone and it should be a short learning curve
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi