Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4021) - 04 May 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Weather station data

Weather station hardware not applicable to any other subforum.
François35
Weather Station: Bresser 7 en 1
Operating System: Windows 11

Weather station data

Post by François35 »

Good evening
I registered on the forum and thank you for accepting me among you, I am not posting in the right place, please forgive me.
I have a Bresser weather station https://www.bresser.de/fr/Temps/BRESSER ... ition.html and I would like to share my data via https://www.pwsweather.com/ and the Cumulus software, is this possible, I can install Cumulus but I do not see my station in the drop-down menu. Please help me
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Weather station data

Post by water01 »

Settings > Third Party Upload Settings > Third one down.
David
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

David, I think he's asking if MX supports Bresser weather stations, rather than how do you upload to PWS weather.
Freddie
SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Post by SamiS »

Unforunately as far as I know, CumulusMX does not support Bresser directly.

However after looking at the Bresser 7-in-1 wifi weatherstation manual, it seems to support sending data to a custom server in WeatherUnderground api format. CumulusMX does have a station type HTTP (Wunderground), so if this is similar to http ecowitt, I think it could actually work. However I could not find any info from wiki, so maybe someone here has more info?
water01

Post by water01 »

Sorry so he is!! In which case as it does not appear in the Wiki supported weather stations page and as far as I can see from the website they do not seem to be Ecowitt or Ambient clones and they are not in the WX Forum list (https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=40730.0) they are not supported by CumulusMX.
David
SamiS

Post by SamiS »

water01 wrote: Fri 22 Dec 2023 9:00 pm Sorry so he is!! In which case as it does not appear in the Wiki supported weather stations page and as far as I can see from the website they do not seem to be Ecowitt or Ambient clones and they are not in the WX Forum list (https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=40730.0) they are not supported by CumulusMX.
I think the wiki list is unfortunately not very complete anymore. Did you see my message that was sent during you writing your own answer? Any hope on that approach?
water01

Post by water01 »

New Stations Supported
Cumulus MX now supports two new stations using the HTTP protocol - HTTP (Ecowitt), and HTTP (Wunderground). The primary use for these is when using Ecowitt base station that support adding a Custom upload server. Always use the HTTP (Ecowitt) where you can it supports many more features. These stations also provide an easy way way for people creating their own weather stations to upload their data to Cumulus.
This may work but the data is uploaded to WeatherUnderground using the Custom Interface in the Weather Station first and then downloaded to CumulusMX via the HTTP(Wunderground) interface. Therefore the data downloaded to CumulusMX is limited by the data accepted by WeatherUnderground via the Custom Interface.
David
SamiS

Post by SamiS »

water01 wrote: Fri 22 Dec 2023 9:32 pm
New Stations Supported
Cumulus MX now supports two new stations using the HTTP protocol - HTTP (Ecowitt), and HTTP (Wunderground). The primary use for these is when using Ecowitt base station that support adding a Custom upload server. Always use the HTTP (Ecowitt) where you can it supports many more features. These stations also provide an easy way way for people creating their own weather stations to upload their data to Cumulus.
This may work but the data is uploaded to WeatherUnderground using the Custom Interface in the Weather Station first and then downloaded to CumulusMX via the HTTP(Wunderground) interface. Therefore the data downloaded to CumulusMX is limited by the data accepted by WeatherUnderground via the Custom Interface.
Ah, so the HTTP (Wunderground) actually isn’t anything like HTTP (Ecowitt) where you setup a custom upload from station directly to CMX? The station type naming is a bit confusing if this is the case.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

SamiS wrote: Fri 22 Dec 2023 9:36 pm
water01 wrote: Fri 22 Dec 2023 9:32 pm
New Stations Supported
Ah, so the HTTP (Wunderground) actually isn’t anything like HTTP (Ecowitt) where you setup a custom upload from station directly to CMX? The station type naming is a bit confusing if this is the case.
Confusion all round I think.

HTTP (Wunderground) takes a direct feed from the weather station - if it supports adding a custom server.
Nossie
Weather Station: Ecowitt 2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi5 Debian Bookworm

Post by Nossie »

I had a bresser for a few years before buying an ecowitt and it's a horrible experience getting data out of it - it's possible, you can intercept the data on the network and gather it that way but it turned out too much of a bother to keep up and I just looked for a manufacturer that didn't lock things down. Although considering the ecowitt flow addition recently added - I don't think the Api for that has been released and there is no way to view the wittflow without using their software - so my happiness may be short lived.

https://groups.google.com/g/weewx-devel ... d9kPHFe5X0

https://github.com/BobAtchley/weewx-ws6in1

The links above point to some recent links on how to intercept it - but I couldn't find what I used before, personally I wouldn't recommend it
Ian.

http://www.StewartonWeather.com
Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host
SamiS

Post by SamiS »

mcrossley wrote: Sat 23 Dec 2023 11:50 am HTTP (Wunderground) takes a direct feed from the weather station - if it supports adding a custom server.
Ok, so at least one of the current Bresser models (wifi 7in1) does support custom server upload in wunderground format, and the settings are listed in user manual.
François35

Post by François35 »

Good morning
Thank you for being interested in my little problem but reading you, especially the post of @Nossie I realize that this is impossible, I will look again after the holidays but if there is no result I will ask the 'forum admin to delete my account
I wish happy end of year holidays
Nossie
Weather Station: Ecowitt 2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi5 Debian Bookworm

Post by Nossie »

I don't know your budget, intent or interest in weather - but please don't let the bresser unit put you off. I'd strongly suggest one of the smaller or cheaper ecowitt units for your interest and you wont go wrong. I still use my bresser display and unit planted somewhere in the garden but I've honestly never looked back.

This is the one I bought, you can get them cheaper or more expensive and in some cases you can just buy a base station and just add the sensors you need.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ecowitt-Wirele ... 1e9cd&th=1

Much of the cost in the above is the TFT display - and if you wish to get your information from the ecowitt site or app or using cumulus, you don't even need that so you could get something like this - https://weatherspares.co.uk/collections ... oor-sensor

Regardless, I'm sure none of us would want you to delete your account - you are very welcome here and if you have had your bresser unit for a few years ........ this could be the time for an upgrade :mrgreen:
Ian.

http://www.StewartonWeather.com
Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host
François35

Post by François35 »

Thanks @Nossie but I've only had my Bresser station for 2 months
SamiS

Post by SamiS »

François35 wrote: Sat 23 Dec 2023 2:39 pm Good morning
Thank you for being interested in my little problem but reading you, especially the post of @Nossie I realize that this is impossible, I will look again after the holidays but if there is no result I will ask the 'forum admin to delete my account
I wish happy end of year holidays
If your station supports WS-Link mobile app, then check Settings - Weather Server - Other server.

If this path is found and gives a possibility to configure a custom server, then it can be configuted to send data to CMX.

Happy Holidays for you too!