Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Web site crashing

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Web site crashing

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi there

I am not sure if this is the correct forum site for this question but here goes.

I have been using CMX for a few years and for the last couple of years have been using a CUtils website which is hosted by HostPresto and has been happily working with no real problems initially using the FTP upload process and for the past few months using php process.

Initially the php method worked well but at the end of May the site crashed out with a connection refused error. When I contacted HostPresto they advised that they had changed some settings which resulted in the website failing. After a day they had reset every thing and the site was up and running again.

Two days ago the site went down again with the connection refused error again. Again HostPresto cited a security issue and reset the website. This lasted about 30 hours before it stopped again. The providers have again been contacted and I am currently waiting for their response.

Is anyone else having similar issues with their hosting company.

Edit at 22:55 was told by HostPresto that they had whitelisted some trigger rules and the site is back up working again. Until the next time!
broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Linux openSUSE

Re: Web site crashing

Post by broadstairs »

I do not have any issues using the PHP upload process. However I would suggest that your hosting company should be able to explain exactly why you site is being failed for security reasons, it really is not acceptable to just give a bland answer like this. You are entitled to an explanation of exactly why it is failing and then you could determine if there is something you could do to prevent it.

Stuart
Currently running CMX V4 4023
billy
Weather Station: WLL / Davis VP2+
Operating System: RPi bullseye

Post by billy »

A different web server, but your problem seems similar to mine viewtopic.php?p=172284#p172284
No solution AFAIK - other than to turn off modsecurity.
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

Andy, whilst I don’t have CMX or CUtils HostPresto has been hosting my Cumulus1 site for nearly five years now. Other than one minor issue at the start their service has been exemplary.

I’m sure if they say it’s fixed it will remain so.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

M1DUL
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 Plus Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro Version

Post by M1DUL »

Hello Andy K,
I am also hosting with HostPresto My website works, but I get these errors in MXdiags I am also using PHP process.

2023-06-15 08:04:19.193 PHP[78]: Error uploading to realtime.txt
2023-06-15 08:04:19.193 PHP[78]: Error uploading to realtime.txt - Exception Type: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException
Inner Exception...
Exception Type: System.Net.WebException
Message: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

The errors are not continuous, Here is my Post just for your Information viewtopic.php?t=21174
This problem has been going on for ages, and they don't want to know, as you can see in my post.

I hope your issue gets sorted for you.
Mike

Weather Station : Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus Daytime Far's
Cumulus MX v.4.0.1 build 4023
https://branksomeweather.co.uk
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

I'm with hostpresto too. Everything is ok for me using PHP upload. I do get two or three upload errors every hour, but that's completely normal and causes no problems.
AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

I think I have found a possible solution to my issue here by looking at the HostPresto error log and found that the CUtilsMenu file which I had removed as I thought it was not used is in fact required even as a empty file.

As of the last hour or so the errors on the Host Presto site have dropped off and hopefully the crashes will become part of history
M1DUL

Post by M1DUL »

Mapantz wrote: Thu 15 Jun 2023 9:08 am I'm with hostpresto too. Everything is ok for me using PHP upload. I do get two or three upload errors every hour, but that's completely normal and causes no problems.
Hello Mapantz, Are your errors the same as mine?

2023-06-15 08:04:19.193 PHP[78]: Error uploading to realtime.txt
2023-06-15 08:04:19.193 PHP[78]: Error uploading to realtime.txt - Exception Type: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException
Inner Exception...
Exception Type: System.Net.WebException
Message: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Or are they different? If so, what is the error that you are getting?
Mike

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

Yep, and a different one:

Code: Select all

2023-06-15 09:13:09.160 PHP[177]: Error uploading to realtime.txt - Exception Type: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException

2023-06-15 12:09:21.858 PHP[100]: Error uploading to realtime.xml
2023-06-15 12:09:21.858 PHP[100]: Error uploading to realtime.xml - Exception Type: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException
But as I mentioned, it only happens two or three times per hour. To be expected.
M1DUL

Post by M1DUL »

Mapantz wrote: Thu 15 Jun 2023 11:25 am Yep, and a different one:

2023-06-15 09:13:09.160 PHP[177]: Error uploading to realtime.txt - Exception Type: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException

2023-06-15 12:09:21.858 PHP[100]: Error uploading to realtime.xml
2023-06-15 12:09:21.858 PHP[100]: Error uploading to realtime.xml - Exception Type: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException
But as I mentioned, it only happens two or three times per hour. To be expected.
Hello Mapantz, thank you for your error message, I am glad that I am not the only one with those errors. Mine can be up to 7 in an hour and sometimes 1,2,3,4,5, or six times in an hour.

Put, why is it to be expected? In my other post, Nobody could get to the bottom of it. Or know why it happens?
Mike

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

If it helps here is my MXdiags file from yesterday which shows the faulting process.

As I mentioned earlier I have reinstated one of the CUtils files but in blank and touch wood from 9:30 this morning no errors on the HostPresto cPanel error log. Also no errors seen at all in the current MXdiags log.

Another day or so of no issues will mean case solved for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

AndyKF650 wrote: Thu 15 Jun 2023 9:17 am I think I have found a possible solution to my issue here by looking at the HostPresto error log and found that the CUtilsMenu file which I had removed as I thought it was not used is in fact required even as a empty file.

As of the last hour or so the errors on the Host Presto site have dropped off and hopefully the crashes will become part of history
No they are not required. See my reply here.

And you seem to be pointing to a website crash while you post your CMX log. Those two have nothing to do with each other.
So: is it actually the website which crashes (what is hppening) or is it CMX which crashes (no data are sent to the site anymore).

I suggest we continue this issue in the CUtils forum thread.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3