Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

NOAA Information Germany

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
MHaf
Weather Station: WH3080
Operating System: Win10

NOAA Information Germany

Post by MHaf »

Hi
I sue the newest version of Cumulus, however I struggle a long time with NOAA.
What Data do I need to enter in the Settings "normal mean temp. and normal Precipitation"
it is not clear for me what to enter or where I get that. current all lines are on -1000, I dont even know what that means.
Thanks anyone for pointing me in the right direction or for data
Mat
:o
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: NOAA Information Germany

Post by HansR »

Hi Mat,

I replied to this question in the other thread but I am OK with it to deepen the subject here.

My reply was:
HansR wrote: Tue 14 Mar 2023 1:57 pm The NOAA normal values are found in CMX (Settings=>NOAA settings=>Normal Mean Temperatures (and Normal Mean Precipitation). The meteorology service of your country will have those figures which represent the mean values over the last 30 years, usually recalculated every 10 years. They will have them calculated for the official meteo station closest to you. The numbers are used by CMX in the NOAA report and by CUtils in some charts. These numbers give a good understanding of the development of temperature and rain over a period of time. If you don';t have those numbers you can set the following parameters and use a mean reference of your own station:

Code: Select all

UseNormalTempReference=StationAverage
UseNormalRainReference=StationAverage
I would advise you first to to use the suggested value of StationAverage to the parameters, that will give you an idea of the average values in the Monthly Temprature and Rain charts.

If you give those parameters the value Normal it will look for the NOAA Normal values you entered in CMX NOAA settings.
To get those values you need to look for the German Meteorological service and search for the Normal values for your region.

If you do not know where to get those you may contact e.g. @Gyvate (if he does not read this message, please use the personal message system) who is a user from Germany (check out the charts on his site) active on the German whether forum as well. No doubt he is willing to help you.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
MHaf
Weather Station: WH3080
Operating System: Win10

Re: NOAA Information Germany

Post by MHaf »

Thanks again Hans :-)