Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CUMULUSUTILS

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

MHaf
Weather Station: WH3080
Operating System: Win10

Re: CUMULUSUTILS

Post by MHaf »

Hans,
on your website, how do you enable the "overview" to see all on one screen ( the grafik right)
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

MHaf wrote: Wed 15 Mar 2023 8:23 am on your website, how do you enable the "overview" to see all on one screen ( the grafik right)
Ha.... now we're progressing ;)

The charts you see now on your site are the default Home button charts. They are included to make the startup easier for novice users and will always be generated in case of absence of the file CutilsCharts.def.

However to have full flexibility for the user in creating charts I developed the ChartsCompiler which takes user defined charts in the so called CDL (Charts Definition Language) as input. This may seem a bit much and a bit complex for a start but as always, flexibility comes at a cost.

Therefore the distribution contains a file CutilsCharts-default-for-use.def. If you rename this to CutilsCharts.def and put it in the utils directory (you know, the one in the CumulusMX directory where all files go) and you rerun CUtils website command, you will get the advanced charts which you can modify to whatever you want.

I have the following remarks:
  1. If you are satisfied with the website and just want to experiment with the charts you may use the command CompileOnly

Code: Select all

user\bin\cumulusutils.exe CompileOnly
    This will make developent a lot faster as you will find out.
  2. Before modifying the charts, backup the original CurilsCharts.def to which you can return in case of error.
  3. If you need support on the ChartsCompiler, always send the logfile and the CutilsCharts.def
  4. In combination with CutilsMenu.def and the OUTPUT keyword from CDL you have almost limitless flexibility can give your website the look and feel you want.
  5. The last item for Flexibility and User contribution is in the USerReports, but that would be for a later phase.
NOTE: If you want to use ExtraSensors, the use of the ChartsCompiler is required.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4023+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
MHaf

Post by MHaf »

ok
then I will carry on with testing :-)
Nossie
Weather Station: Ecowitt 2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi5 Debian Bookworm

Post by Nossie »

That's looking great so far Mhaf!

welcome to the Cutils family.
Ian.

http://www.StewartonWeather.com
Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host
MHaf

Post by MHaf »

Thanks trying hard :-)
MHaf

Post by MHaf »

Hello Hans, or others
another question :groan:

If I have 3 webcams, and I like to add the pictures there, does every single cam need to be in a seperate folder?
Also in case I like to upload mp4 is this then also, seperate folders?
:ugeek:
Thanks a lot for your help
Mat
HansR

Post by HansR »

MHaf wrote: Wed 15 Mar 2023 10:35 am Hello Hans, or others
another question :groan:

If I have 3 webcams, and I like to add the pictures there, does every single cam need to be in a seperate folder?
Also in case I like to upload mp4 is this then also, seperate folders?
:ugeek:
Thanks a lot for your help
Mat
Hi Mat,

Currently Cutils only supports one image in the module MeteoCam so there is no use uploading more, you have to choose which can you want to use. When uploading, the existing image will be overwritten, there is no image history supported. I would have to think on how to support three or even more images if that would be asked for.

The video's are uploaded to the same folder, selection of the video's is done by the website user. There is no automatic cleanup.

Note that to realise the use of the meteocam the directory for the meteocam must be rwxr.xr.x on the website otherwise no users can select.
Hans

MHaf

Post by MHaf »

Hi Hans
with rwxr.xr.x you mean the allowed access an the specific folder (example folder CAM)

also wehre can I find the update of cumulusutils?
Thanks
Mat
HansR

Post by HansR »

MHaf wrote: Wed 15 Mar 2023 1:29 pm with rwxr.xr.x you mean the allowed access an the specific folder (example folder CAM)
Yes
MHaf wrote: Wed 15 Mar 2023 1:29 pm also wehre can I find the update of cumulusutils?
All updates are published in the first post of the distribution thread (to which it is good to subscribe ;) )
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

You may have noticed that the pressure in the overview chart has a scaling of 0 to 1300 which is not useful.

The reason for this is that the scaling for this axis is based on the min and max record values achieved on your location, values are taken from the alltime records (alltime.ini) (see Wiki). In your case those values are pretty extreme :shock:
Hans

MHaf

Post by MHaf »

Good morning Hans
just been onm y site, and when I click on Records, nothing happens, any idea, any setting I need to adjust?

BTW
Thanks a lot for your support
Mat
MHaf

Post by MHaf »

forget it, now its working
guess it took some time then