Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Setting up CumulusUtils (a beginners thread)

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

alexvanuxem
Weather Station: Davis Vntage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: windows 10

Re: Setting up CumulusUtils (a beginners thread)

Post by alexvanuxem »

the ../Cumulus doesn't work. Either it's www.sint-katelijne-waver-meteo.be/Cumulus which is working or www.sint-katelijne-waver-meteo.be

sorry for the late reply. I'm busy also with renovating our house.

Apologies. wills submit asap further details

thx though!

alex
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

OK, no problem for any delay as long as I know you're still there ;)

I assume CumulsMX serves all websites or do you have multiple instances?
  1. If it is only one instance then where does CumulusMX upload i.e. what is the FTP destination for the realtime files.
  2. And do you run CMX continuously?
  3. Do you run the scheduler as advised in a previous post of mine?
  4. Your websitelink has meteo-wagenborgen in front so does not work
Take your time :)

[EDIT:] if you did a cut/paste with my suggestion for the CumulusRealTimeLocation than you may have made a uppercase/lowercase error because your subdirectory has a capital C where I used a lowercase c. That would be a spoiler! And if you have CUtils not yet in the subdirectory then you just need to give the subdirectory Cumulus (forget the: ../)
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4023+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
alexvanuxem
Weather Station: Davis Vntage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: windows 10

Post by alexvanuxem »

Hi,

Just a quick response, I will post logfiles when I have time.

I assume CumulsMX serves all websites or do you have multiple instances? I have multiple instances, mainly directly by daviswll apiv2 or meteobridge.

No , I'm not running CMX continously.
Can you give me an example how to to that in powershell I presume?
Strange thing I don't understand: createmissing.exe works only through cmd prompt, and utils only through powershell? Is this normal?

CMX sends all jsons to CumulusMX/web, then it uploads everything to wwwroot/Cumulus.

The realtimelocation set Cumulus doesn't work, when I do utils.exe website it even sends the files to wwwroot/Cumulus when location set to Cumulus.

I restarted multiple times from scratch, the best way I can get it going is to upload all the jsons 'manually' through the extra web files option in CMX.

I have the feeling that the cumulusutils.ini is not read completely when changes are made: for example i changed the website url multiple times to get it working in the usermaps but still not working.
HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Alex, I am not at the computer for several days, when back, I'll reapond.

Quick response now: it cannot be cutils only reads the ini partially. It must be your setup.

For how to run an instance of cmx permanently I would suggest to set it up as a service. On how to do that, please ask in the CMX forum or search the wiki. (And don't switch off the computer ;) )
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

alexvanuxem wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 2:12 pm Just a quick response, I will post logfiles when I have time.

I assume CumulsMX serves all websites or do you have multiple instances? I have multiple instances, mainly directly by daviswll apiv2 or meteobridge.
OK. You don't need a seprate instance for CUtils. CUtils can pick up the realtime and datafiles from another location (on the same server). You setup the CumulusRealTimeLocation which sets the relative location of the realtime and json datafiles. So for you - assuming no own instance of CMX - if you you point to the Cumulus directory and having CUtils in the CUtils directory beside it, that would be CumulusRealTimeLocation=../Cumulus. Let me know if you have difficulty understanding this concept.
alexvanuxem wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 2:12 pm No , I'm not running CMX continously.
Can you give me an example how to to that in powershell I presume?
Did you succeed?
alexvanuxem wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 2:12 pm Strange thing I don't understand: createmissing.exe works only through cmd prompt, and utils only through powershell? Is this normal?
No, I don't understand why. Afaik there is no technical difference between those executables.
alexvanuxem wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 2:12 pm CMX sends all jsons to CumulusMX/web, then it uploads everything to wwwroot/Cumulus.
I believe that is correct (it creates the json's in the CumulusMX/web directory, then uploads to the server you configured).
So what is the question?
alexvanuxem wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 2:12 pm The realtimelocation set Cumulus doesn't work, when I do utils.exe website it even sends the files to wwwroot/Cumulus when location set to Cumulus.
Oh yes it works :D as proven by many others.
See my remark on CumulusRealTimeLocation above.
NOTE: you say: ...it even sends the files to wwwroot/Cumulus when location set to Cumulus.... but CUtils does not send files. The location is just where CUtils looks to read the files. It is CMX which sends the files.

If and when CUtils sends a json (e.g. AirLink data) it does so directly to the Cutils server directory, so the location where you set the output of CUtils to be transferred. That is unrelated to the CMX realtime file location.
alexvanuxem wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 2:12 pm I restarted multiple times from scratch, the best way I can get it going is to upload all the jsons 'manually' through the extra web files option in CMX.
Restarting again with erroneous setup won't change anything.
Please follow instructions for CumulusRealTimeLocation, if it does not work send me the logfiles and the site URL. That way I can check how CUtils runs and how it behaves online.
alexvanuxem wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 2:12 pm I have the feeling that the cumulusutils.ini is not read completely when changes are made: for example i changed the website url multiple times to get it working in the usermaps but still not working.
As said before: that is impossible.
Could you post the inifile again with the logfile please.
Hans