Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4021) - 04 May 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Replace WH1080 - suggestions

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
stuartp
Weather Station: WH-1081PC
Operating System: Raspbian bullseye

Replace WH1080 - suggestions

Post by stuartp »

My 1080 system is in need of replacement after seven years of faultless service. I would like to continue with a system that uses USB upload as I like the extra resilience of being able to store data on the console which preserves it during power/internet outages and means that I don’t need to keep everything switched on if I’m away on holiday. It seems that a lot of the USB models ie the Aercus WS2085 carry a warning that they don’t support 24/7 USB connection. Any recommendations as to what DOES work would be welcome.

My alternative would be to use a Wi-Fi system such as the Aercus WeatherMaster HP2550 ( I would like one with a display console rather than use GW1000 ) but as far as I can understand none of these systems serve as actual data loggers so in the event of power/ internet outage I would have gaps in my data. Am I correct?

In anticipation!

Stuart
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Replace WH1080 - suggestions

Post by water01 »

I use an Ecowitt HP2551 and although it doesn't have storage log readings it uploads to Ecowitt.net and as Mark has added the download history using the Ecowitt API you should never miss a reading unless of course the power goes off to your house and you lose your Internet connection.

However, even that can be overcome as it has 16MB of internal memory and you can transfer the data to the SD card and get the missing readings if any from there.

Personally, cannot fault it, I had it over a year and it has been very good except for a humidity sensor which Ecowitt replaced. Good customer service.

Available via the Amazon.co.uk Ecowitt shop.
David
stuartp

Post by stuartp »

water01 wrote: Thu 20 Oct 2022 3:37 pm I use an Ecowitt HP2551 and although it doesn't have storage log readings it uploads to Ecowitt.net and as Mark has added the download history using the Ecowitt API you should never miss a reading unless of course the power goes off to your house and you lose your Internet connection.

However, even that can be overcome as it has 16MB of internal memory and you can transfer the data to the SD card and get the missing readings if any from there.

Personally, cannot fault it, I had it over a year and it has been very good except for a humidity sensor which Ecowitt replaced. Good customer service.

Available via the Amazon.co.uk Ecowitt shop.
That’s really useful information. Thank you!

Stuart
Gyvate
Weather Station: GW1x00/WH2650WiFi/HP2553/GW2000
Operating System: Win 11 (PC/RPi), Raspbian 11,WSL

Post by Gyvate »

Some more detail
a) when a SD card (FAT32 formatted, SDHC type) is inserted into the HP2551 console, all sensor readings (basic and extra sensors) are written to the SD card in the interval set up in the console. At the same time always the basic sensor (sun, wind, rain, outdoor/indoor T/H) readings are written to the internal memory (16 MB). If the internal memory is full, the oldest record will be overwritten.
b) CumulusMX can read Ecowitt (clone) consoles either via the Ecowitt Gateway API (aka GW1000 API) or via the http customized server function of the console via WiFi, whereas the SD card data cannot be directly accessed.
c) when your Ecowitt (clone) console posts its data also into the Ecowitt cloud (ecowitt.net), CMX can retrieve 5-minute interval readings of all your sensors when CMX for whatever reason isn't/wasn't running 24/7 for a 3-month period backwards. The console has of of course to run and post 24/7.
d) for the console (and maybe the WiFi/router/internet access infrastructure) it will be helpful to have an UPS (uninterrupted power supply) in place.
You can also limit this to the console only e.g. with a powerbank and then recover your data from the console logging afterwards and import it into CMX.
stuartp

Post by stuartp »

Gyvate wrote: Wed 26 Oct 2022 12:29 pm Some more detail
a) when a SD card (FAT32 formatted, SDHC type) is inserted into the HP2551 console, all sensor readings (basic and extra sensors) are written to the SD card in the interval set up in the console. At the same time always the basic sensor (sun, wind, rain, outdoor/indoor T/H) readings are written to the internal memory (16 MB). If the internal memory is full, the oldest record will be overwritten.
b) CumulusMX can read Ecowitt (clone) consoles either via the Ecowitt Gateway API (aka GW1000 API) or via the http customized server function of the console via WiFi, whereas the SD card data cannot be directly accessed.
c) when your Ecowitt (clone) console posts its data also into the Ecowitt cloud (ecowitt.net), CMX can retrieve 5-minute interval readings of all your sensors when CMX for whatever reason isn't/wasn't running 24/7 for a 3-month period backwards. The console has of of course to run and post 24/7.
d) for the console (and maybe the WiFi/router/internet access infrastructure) it will be helpful to have an UPS (uninterrupted power supply) in place.
You can also limit this to the console only e.g. with a powerbank and then recover your data from the console logging afterwards and import it into CMX.
That’s great information. Thank you!