Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

have I cocked up my vp2 by upgrading

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
nicp01
Weather Station: vantage pro 2
Operating System: windows 7

have I cocked up my vp2 by upgrading

Post by nicp01 »

Had just completed my website and got it receiving the data, everything hunkydory and noticed above VP2 users should upgrade
so I did from 1.90 29/9/09 to 3.12 and to 1.94. so lost some of the readings in Cumulus and on the console..

question..how do I find out which model of vp2 it is? is it viewable thru the console? how do I go back..reinstall 1.90

so near yet so far
Peter
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: have I cocked up my vp2 by upgrading

Post by steve »

nicp01 wrote:Had just completed my website and got it receiving the data, everything hunkydory and noticed above VP2 users should upgrade
Do you mean the note at the top of the forum? That only applies to people with firmware 3.00. There's no need for anyone with 1.90 to upgrade.
so I did from 1.90 29/9/09 to 3.12 and to 1.94. so lost some of the readings in Cumulus and on the console..

question..how do I find out which model of vp2 it is? is it viewable thru the console? how do I go back..reinstall 1.90
I upgraded from 1.90 to 3.12 and had no problems. Was it the wind reading that you lost? That does seem to happen for a short time after a firmware upgrade, as others have mentioned. Try starting and stopping Cumulus a few times. Do you still have 3.12 installed?
Steve
nicp01

Post by nicp01 »

doh, I thought I was so far behind I'd catch up..

no pressure 0000 but recent extremes all there and yesterday
solar ok

no indoor temp no outdoor temp

no wind

rainfall showing -0.3 other rainfall readings ok..

will try restarting as you suggest..

thks
Peter
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I would assume that you could go back to 1.90, as you were running it previously, but I have no experience of going backwards with firmware versions, so I can't say for certain.

How old is your console? The manufacturing code is on the back, which includes the date. If your console is from before April 2006, then you would expect to lose some of the readings with fw 3.12, as per the warning on the Davis web site. Otherwise, there shouldn't be any problems.
Steve
nicp01

Post by nicp01 »

Mcode is A60522D17C model number is 6162UK, product is #63120V (which davis says should be ok)

"IMPORTANT! This firmware is only for Vantage Pro2 Wireless Consoles manufactured April 2006 or later (#6312, #6312OV, #6312UK, #6312EU). The Inside Temp, Inside Hum, and Barometer readings will not appear if 3.12 firmware is installed on consoles manufactured before April 2006".

just shows you how thick I am, its on a label under the stand which cant be seen from above!

will 1.9.4 be ok with 1.90?

just restarted, no change

thks
Peter
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

nicp01 wrote:Mcode is A60522D17C model number is 6162UK, product is #61320V
That would appear to have been manufactured in May 2006, so in theory should be OK with 3.12. But the symptoms you've described pretty much match those in the warning on the Davis web site.
will 1.9.4 be ok with 1.90?
All versions of Cumulus work with any version of firmware, except that there are issues with fw 3.00, hence my advice to upgrade from that.
Steve
nicp01

Post by nicp01 »

thks, I have sent an email to Davis support with the above info.. I shall let you know what they say.

Kind Regards & Thks
Peter
nicp01

Post by nicp01 »

Got impatient waiting for reply from Davis , so Ive been reading the forums, downloaded 1.90 re-installed on top of 3.12, all now works bar the cumulus barometer reading which shows 0000, but the trend as +0.5, the console reads ----, it exports ok to website (in construction) any suggestions...

Peter
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

If the console shows "----" then that's why Cumulus can't get a reading, the console doesn't have one. The pressure sensor is in the console, so it's not a communication problem. I'm afraid I have no idea what to suggest.
Steve
prodata
Weather Station: VP2
Operating System: Windows - all flavours

Post by prodata »

So the VP2 console LCD reading is still dashed out? Can I assume that you've tried power cycling the console, leaving it fully off for maybe 5 minutes?
John Dann
Prodata Weather Systems
Littleport, East Cambs, UK
http://www.weatherstations.co.uk
nicp01

Post by nicp01 »

Ok following advice found thru google search, I disconnected the power, then the batteries for 30sec minimum, I actually did 45sec! then
reinstalled batteries and plugged in the power. It came up, held the done button in, released and the barometer now reading ok..did a web update and all seems to be now ok so far..

The VP seems a bit flaky to me and judging by other peoples little niggles I'm not on my own..

many thks
Peter

deneview.org.uk/hgweather
nicp01

Post by nicp01 »

Just arrived a reply from Davis

Dear Peter,
Unfortunately, your correct in your assumption that your console (May 22, 2006) is too old to accept 3.12 . The results are as you stated. But, the answer to your question is “yes”. You can reload “1.90” from our “Davis Instruments” download feature.
Davis Instruments looked into the ‘April 2006” statement and determined that some consoles as far up as January 2007, were not able to upload 3.12. This is a problem we are tracking and working on.

Regards,

Christopher j Singh
Technical Support Representative
3465 Diablo Ave
Hayward, CA, 94545
510-940-1851 chriss@davisnet.com
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

nicp01 wrote: deneview.org.uk/hgweather
That URL isn't returning anything. :?
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

kannema
Weather Station: davis pro
Operating System: Windows

Post by kannema »

Can anyone provide me with Davis VP2 firmware 1.90? I updated my console and now my Hum inside and Pressure gives no indication

Regards Kornelis
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

kannema wrote: Sat 18 Mar 2023 1:48 pm Can anyone provide me with Davis VP2 firmware 1.90? I updated my console and now my Hum inside and Pressure gives no indication

Regards Kornelis
sorry I dont have that version, you could also try over here: https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?board=59.0
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0