Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Create official docker image

Please DO NOT use this to publish your entire wish. This Forum is for specific suggestions to enhance the usability of Cumulus MX for all users, NOT your personal requirements. Please check this forum and the rejected forum to make sure you are NOT posting a DUPLICATE suggestion. It will be heavily monitored by Admin and Mark Crossley to determine the feasibility and the difficulty of the suggestion. Those Topics that are deemed inadmissible will moved to the rejected Forum. The remaining Topics will be the Accepted list of future developments, and when our voluntary development group adds it to a build, the build number will be added to the Topic title.
Nossie
Weather Station: Ecowitt 2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi5 Debian Bookworm

Re: Create official docker image

Post by Nossie »

I've got far simpler needs for the container so I haven't had to do any complex scripting to set up extra stuff as part of the build process.
The only major changes I made to Optoisolated setup was to upgrade Mono and add lshw wget and nano. I removed pulling the most UTD release as for some reason I could not get that to work - so I just updated the release number when it came out and pull it each time. The additional modules lsfw was for cutils and nano wget were just for quality of life. I figured lsfw would be ignored for those that didn't use it and it was for there for those that did.

So far even with environment variables, the software still installs with root - and I had to go and chown everything back to Pi (in my case) - apart from that it's quite usable.

What I was doing, which has been my own frustration, is the files created and held within the mxweather folder are a pita to handle - but that's more my own not so basic setup.

Are you able to test the ARMv8 build? If not that's fine, but it's always a good start if someone else can tell me what works hah.

I had another look at my multiarch script and it is erroring out ignoring arguments, so yes it's not working. I'm going to create a new thread, attach my modified dockerfile, build script and multi arch script and we can look to collaborate on getting it working?

Code: Select all

[Warning] One or more build-args [ARCH] were not consumed
Successfully built a22cd13f7fd8
Successfully tagged nossieuk/mxweather:manifest-amd64
The push refers to repository [docker.io/nossieuk/mxweather] 
I'm going to end this thread and continue elsewhere to keep it all together and I'll link back once done =)

discussion continue here - if that's ok?

viewtopic.php?t=20850
Ian.

http://www.StewartonWeather.com
Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host