Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus Realtime and Silverlight 3

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

Bruiser
Weather Station: Vantage Pro

Cumulus Realtime and Silverlight 3

Post by Bruiser »

I would not bother updating to Silverlight 3 at the moment. I did this at work on my workstation and realtime guages do work except when the guage changes from one value to the next, the motion is not smooth....

For example say the wind speed goes from 3 to 5 mph by smoothly moving the guage arms. With 3 installed, the guages simply jumped to the new wind speed. Hope I am making sense :)

It is a small thing but bothered me none the less..

Have a good day all....
Last edited by Bruiser on Thu 09 Jul 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus Realtime and Silverlight 3

Post by steve »

I'd completely forgotten that the Silverlight 3 RTW was due around now. I thought it was going to be backwards compatible, but from what you say it sounds like it isn't, completely, which is a bit unfortunate. I'll have a look sometime and see if I can work out why the animation doesn't work.

At some point I'll get around to doing a Silverlight 3 version.
Steve
Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

Sounds cool Steve....I did not really want you to have to do any additional work for it but I wanted to let those who use your excellent product to not bother with Silverlight 3. Nothing really requires it but I am always installing new versions of software whether I need it or not :)

Have a good evening....
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

There's not much work involved in doing a Silverlight 3 version; it's just a case of installing the SDK and getting the Silverlight 3 versions of the components (which I believe are coming out of beta today, now that Silverlight 3 is out). The code should just recompile without change. That's the theory, anyway.

I wasn't going to treat it as high priority, but if Silverlight 3 breaks the animations, then maybe I should. If visitors to your sites have upgraded they won't get the full 'experience'.
Steve
Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

Do not know if this helps you in anyway Steve but the Wind Direction animation is smooth. Only the Wind Gust animation seems to have lost the smooth movement.

Very Weird.

Have a great weekend.......
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Yes, it's because I have to do the compass animation myself, to handle the cause where it needs to go through North when moving from say NE to NW. the built-in default animation always goes through South (because it's just working with the numbers 0 to 359). It's the built-in animation that is breaking.

I've found what's causing it now, but I am waiting for a reply from the component supplier. I won't be able to fix it until after I return from my trip, and I suspect it will be simpler now for me to convert the whole thing to Silverlight 3 anyway.
Steve
Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

Have a safe trip man! Definitely not a big issue so no hurry obviously.

Take care....
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Telerik confirm that this is a bug in their software, and they will have a fix available by the end of the month.
Steve
Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

Thanks for the update and I am also glad I was not imagining things with this issue ;)

Welcome back sir....