Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.0 (build 4022) - 11 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Indoor Temperature high/lows

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Dave47
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 8.0

Indoor Temperature high/lows

Post by Dave47 »

Hello, I'm currently evaluating Cumulus for use with my Davis VP2, and (Weather Envoy+wired plugin temperature probe).

The wired plugin probe replaces "Indoor Temp" and I'm using it to report grass temperatures.

So I wondered if there is any way to get Cumulus to report Indoor Temperature as Grass Temp (change the label)? And can Cumulus record automatically the grass ('Indoor') minimum for each day?

Sorry if it's a stupid question but I can't find a way to do either of these things at the moment, otherwise, I love this software!

Thanks!
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Indoor Temperature high/lows

Post by steve »

Cumulus doesn't do much with indoor temperature; I have enough to keep me busy just handling 'weather' data. But I wasn't aware that you could get a temperature probe for a VP2 which can replace the indoor temperature reading. So it's possible that I could consider adding support for that at some point.
Steve
Dave47
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 8.0

Re: Indoor Temperature high/lows

Post by Dave47 »

OK thanks for that, it saves me scratching around thinking I've missed something, I currently get the grass minima by firing up Weatherlink and scanning the Davis logs (edit - or Cumulus monthly log).

Only the Weather Envoy accepts a plugin temperature probe, not the standard console, but I find it very useful for all sorts of things (even checking fridge and freezer temperatures!) and you can calibrate it in crushed melting ice, using that to then calibrate the main VP2 instruments. It has one advantage over the wireless 'extra temperature' units: temperatures are reported and logged to tenths of a degree instead of whole degrees, I just lose the automatic collection and reporting of the daily max/min.