Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.0 (build 4022) - 11 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Local files not updating

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
asimil8
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1081

Local files not updating

Post by asimil8 »

Hi
Thanks for the great software ! :)
I finally managed to get my website up and running but found that i am having a problem with 3 files: gauges.htm, trends.htm and record.htm. They dont seem to update on my pc prior to uploading. I have been watching the folder and its contents (refreshing to see the changes) and the 3 files are the only ones that are not changing. The timestamp on each of the files are 09/Feb/09.
I have checked the folder properties and security and found that there isnt anything obvious - cant be a security issue as the other files seem to update when req.
I have also checked the program settings - unless there is something i am missing i am at a loss.
Anyone got any ideas or has come across this before?
Thanks
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Local files not updating

Post by steve »

The three that aren't updating are the last three to be done, so that suggests to me that there's a problem processing the recordT.htm file (that's the first of the missing three to be done) and it then wouldn't try to do the rest (which is probably not ideal, but it was just easier to write the code that way).

To confirm, you could turn on the debug log, and there will be a message in there: "Error creating HTML pages", which isn't very helpful but at least confirms the problem.

I assume you're just using the supplied files and haven't modified them in any way? If you want to send me the corresponding "T" files I'll have a look at them, I should be able to spot the problem.

Steve
asimil8

Post by asimil8 »

Thanks Steve
I checked the debug log and yes it states that there was an error creating the html files
I have attached the 3x "T" files.
I am using the orig files that were supplied and have only had a quick look at the guages.htm one.
The version i am using is 1.8.5 build 726.
Thanks for all your help.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Those look OK. Is your yesterday.htm file being processed correctly? That one's done just before these three.

Maybe the problem isn't the file but the data that's being generated as a result of processing the tags... If you look at your all-time records display in Cumulus, does it look OK?

Steve
asimil8

Post by asimil8 »

I think the data is ok (web page data that is - havnt been running the software long)
i ran the all-time record display it states that there is an error
i have attached the bug report

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Your 'records began on' date is '26-Feb-09' but the date format for your system is 'yyyy-mm-dd'. I've seen this before, but I don't know how it can happen. I've assumed that it is a result of people editing the cumulus.ini file, or changing their system date format, but it may be a bug in Cumulus which appears for some locales.

Stop Cumulus and edit cumulus.ini. Find the 'StartDate=' line, which will look like this:

StartDate=26-Feb-09

Change it to:

StartDate=2009-02-26

Restart Cumulus and all should be well.

Steve
asimil8

Post by asimil8 »

tried StartDate=2009-02-26 and it still didnt work

then tried StartDate=26-02-2009 and now all is fine - report works and web pages are now updating :D

Thanks very much for all your help
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Ah, that's interesting, I'd always assumed that the date format in the bug report headers corresponded to the system format:

date/time : 2009-02-27, 23:23:40, 250ms

but that's clearly not the case, if yours is actually dd/mm/yyyy.

Steve