Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Upload files

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
opticsman0127
Weather Station: Davis Pro2 Wireless

Upload files

Post by opticsman0127 »

Just starting to set up FTP transfer to my web site http://www.barrypemb.f2s.com/. One thing causing a problem. All files are ending up in my 'public' folder. On active index web page it is looking for images in 'images' sub folder. How do I differentiate on upload, html to public and images to a subfolder of public? As yet not considering including 'Local filenames'

Steve, this software is now excellent compared with when I tried it just over a year ago when it was 'good'. It really is very well presented now, congratulations.

Barry
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Upload files

Post by steve »

If the images folder existed, that's where it would put the images. You need to read the help and/or wiki on creating a web site; there are various folders you need to create, and some files you need to upload.
Steve
opticsman0127

Post by opticsman0127 »

I had got everything except an 'I' in images which should have been lower case, my fault.

Seems OK now except for the lack of data on http://www.barrypemb.f2s.com/gauges.htm page, all else updating except for this. Read help file but can't see why not updating. Screenshot of config at http://www.barrypemb.f2s.com/screen-1.jpg

Barry
opticsman0127

Post by opticsman0127 »

On the Gauges page it looks as it there should be small icons or examples of graphs possibly

Barry
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

You haven't created the dbimages folder.
Steve
opticsman0127

Post by opticsman0127 »

Perfect, absolutely perfect.

Thanks Steve.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Ah ha! There's a name I recognise Barry. I noticed your 'avatar' image first then the name and finally it clicked: Orion Optics. Astronomy in the UK must come with a built-in weather obsession. :lol:
opticsman0127

Post by opticsman0127 »

I have had the Davis for 2 years now and got totally brassed off with Weather Display. Tried Cumulus around that time and a few niggles here and there, nothing serious but, the urge to change over wasn't quite enough. Now, its a different story. This up to date version is superb.

We are probably (nothing certain yet) moving to a much larger factory in Spring and I wanted to possibly move the Davis to the factory to give local weather for our company. Being based about 15 miles away from here I wanted a flawless syetm, within reason, as I am only part time now and I can't expect astro staff to get their head round weather gauges and especially the software if it blips.

As regarding you, you have me at a disadvantage other than Mark Crossley from Wilslow

Barry