Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Vantage Vue ISS

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
mermaidbeachweather
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Vantage Vue ISS

Post by mermaidbeachweather »

I have owned a Vantage Vue for about 2 years and in that time I have changed the battery in the ISS three times. The unit is facing in a Northerly direction and is never in a shaded area. For some unkown reason every now and again I have the message flash up "low battery transmitter 3" has anyone had this problem before as I have followed the trouble shooting steps by Davis, or does anyone have any suggestions.
I originally purchawed this unit through Scientific Sales in the US, they did not inform me that the unit is illegal to operated with in Australia because of the transmitting freq, so it cost me dearly to have it converted. i only hope I have not brought a Lemon?
Brian
Mermaid Beach Weather
8-)
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Vantage Vue ISS

Post by steve »

It seems to have been a common problem. See this thread: http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=6535.0, in particular the note from Davis on the second page. I haven't read the entire thread to see if this helped, or whether there are any other suggestions.
Steve
mermaidbeachweather
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by mermaidbeachweather »

Thanks for the thread Steve, its certainly has put my mind at rest, I would say it is a design fault on behalf of Davis, it would appear that in the early models dielectric grease is the go.
Davis customer support need to be tweaked up a little.
Cheers

Brian :clap:
tomcatuk
Weather Station: ----> Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10 20H2 19042.685

Post by tomcatuk »

Hi, I have the Vantage Vue but not sure where you get the 10 year battery life from??
According to the specs sheet it says CR-123 3 volt Lithium cell
Batter life 8 months without sunlight greater than 2 years depending on solar charging.
Not sure what greater than 2 years mean 5 years 10 years 50 years.....??

Mine lasted just over a year before I got the low battery warning... but see your in Oz so would expect your sunshine to be a hell of a lot more than what we get here in the uk, bet I get the message again in January.... just when theres a big snowfall!!
;) ;)
Regards Steve