Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Using Google's Weather API to extract data

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

uncle_bob
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: 2008

Using Google's Weather API to extract data

Post by uncle_bob »

Has anyone used the Google weather API to return info to feed into Cumulus?
Since the Metar info isn't really that great, I'd like to this to get the current conditions back and save it to the file "currentconditions.txt" for import into Cumulus.

Googling this up seems everyone's using PHP, or some other over my head scripting. Does anyone know how to do this in a simple way, such as a bat file? Any hints. tips or tricks welcome. In the meantime I'll keep wading thru googles results :(

Cheers Bob

Edit: It appears that google actually pulls this data from Weather Underground, so I'm now investigating WU API. Still banging my head against a wall trying to find an easy way to write it to the currentconditions.txt file though.
Interested in building your own Weather Station? Maybe check out the WeatherDuino Pro Project Here
Conder, Canberra Weather