Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WH1081 real time wind data and forecast on website

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
stephenmaxted

WH1081 real time wind data and forecast on website

Post by stephenmaxted »

I have a WH1081 which is set up and running well. I have used Cumulus to set up a test web site. See Forest Hill Weather at http://www.themessageworks.plus.com/index.htm

I have two problems; first I cannot get the real time wind data to display on the website, it just sits at the null position and the time/date data are dd/mm/yy and hh:mm:ss (all other data out puts seem to work properly); second, the "now page" says "Forecast: Not available", is this something that relates to a setting I have not found or is it something that my weather station does not support?
Jonsey
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1081
Operating System: Shuttle Xpc SK41, XP Pro SP3

Re: WH1081 real time wind data and forecast on website

Post by Jonsey »

stephenmaxted wrote:I have a WH1081 which is set up and running well. I have used Cumulus to set up a test web site. See Forest Hill Weather at http://www.themessageworks.plus.com/index.htm

I have two problems; first I cannot get the real time wind data to display on the website, it just sits at the null position and the time/date data are dd/mm/yy and hh:mm:ss (all other data out puts seem to work properly); second, the "now page" says "Forecast: Not available", is this something that relates to a setting I have not found or is it something that my weather station does not support?

Hi I have the same weather station (WH1081) this will display the forecast, im just not sure what setting's "if any" need to be instigated, I am sure someone will know the answer to this!

For the realtime guages to work, in Cumulus go to "configuration" - "internet" and make sure there is a tick in the box next to "enable reatltime" and state the update interval. I had the same problem as you in regards to this.

Hope this helps

Dave
stephenmaxted

Post by stephenmaxted »

Dave, Thank you. The "Real Time Wind Data" is now working. I thought I had put a tick in the "enable box" but it must have dropped out.

Stephen
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

And for the forecast, the station doesn't provide one via software, so if you want Cumulus to do one, tick 'Cumulus Forecast' on the station settings.

From the help:

Forecast
Cumulus forecast
Set this to get Cumulus to generate a simple weather forecast, if your station does not supply one, or as an alternative to the one supplied by your station.

Pressure extremes
Set the minimum and maximum pressures expected in your part of the world. The default values are expected to be suitable for the UK and similar latitudes, but you may wish to experiment.

Steve
stephenmaxted

Post by stephenmaxted »

Thank you for help.

Stephen