Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

dew point big dip

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
tomcatuk
Weather Station: ----> Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10 20H2 19042.685

dew point big dip

Post by tomcatuk »

Hi Steve, had cause to turn off the computer and then forgot to restart Cumulus, was off for about an hour, only thing I noticed was the dew point graph took a big nose dive and then came back up again!

Also how about adding a auto start cumulous with windows and an option to minimise at start up.

Got round the start up by adding a short cut to the start menu.

See it here http://www.furball.co.uk/weather/trends.htm between 18:00 - 20:00

Steve
Regards Steve
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: dew point big dip

Post by steve »

tomcatuk wrote:Hi Steve, had cause to turn off the computer and then forgot to restart Cumulus, was off for about an hour, only thing I noticed was the dew point graph took a big nose dive and then came back up again!
It should have just downloaded the missed data from the station when you started it, and the dew point is calculated from the humidity, which looks OK. So i don't know where the dip came from (but your temp flat lines at the same time). You could try using the backup files and trying again.
Also how about adding a auto start cumulous with windows and an option to minimise at start up.
Yes, I'll consider these for Cumulus 2, but probably not in this version. Minimise at startup might be easy to do, though. I'd rather watch at startup to make sure everything's working OK.

Steve
tomcatuk

Post by tomcatuk »

quote="tomcatuk"]
steve wrote: Yes, I'll consider these for Cumulus 2, but probably not in this version. Minimise at startup might be easy to do, though. I'd rather watch at startup to make sure everything's working OK.
Steve
Thanks for the reply Steve, Thats a good point.... just out of interest is v2.0 going to be much different?
I would like an easier way to upload the web pages, than having to list each one, maybe point to a directory, I would also like to upload them with a .php extension unless of course there is an easy way now.
Regards Steve
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

tomcatuk wrote:just out of interest is v2.0 going to be much different?
Completely different in some ways, similar in others. :)
I would like an easier way to upload the web pages, than having to list each one, maybe point to a directory,
You mean extra pages rather than the standard ones, I assume? I think that could be included, yes.
I would also like to upload them with a .php extension unless of course there is an easy way now.
The standard pages have fixed names, 'extra' ones can have any extension you want. If you want to make the standard ones PHP, the best thing is to make your own copies. I assume you'd be changing them (otherwise why have them as PHP?) so you'd need to do that anyway?

Steve
tomcatuk

Post by tomcatuk »

Hi Steve you wrote:-
The standard pages have fixed names, 'extra' ones can have any extension you want. If you want to make the standard ones PHP, the best thing is to make your own copies. I assume you'd be changing them (otherwise why have them as PHP?) so you'd need to do that anyway?

The only reason I want to use the php extension is I use a stats program (see http://www.bbclone.de/demo/) program and you have to have a small bit of code entered into a page otherwise the pages do not get counted, I'm actally quite happy with your pages as they are neat and clean... and it would have been good if I could have just pointed to a directory which had my pages in with the .php extensions

Steve (Happy New year)
Regards Steve
TNETWeather

Post by TNETWeather »

tomcatuk wrote:Hi Steve you wrote:-
The only reason I want to use the php extension...
You can do that now...

If you have .htaccess of your apache web server... Create an .htaccess in the cumulus directory and add the following:

Code: Select all

AddType application/x-httpd-php .htm
AddType application/x-httpd-php .html
Now, your htm or html files in that directory will be proccessed as if they were PHP files.
tomcatuk

Post by tomcatuk »

TNETWeather wrote:
tomcatuk wrote:Hi Steve you wrote:-
The only reason I want to use the php extension...
You can do that now...

If you have .htaccess of your apache web server... Create an .htaccess in the cumulus directory and add the following:

Code: Select all

AddType application/x-httpd-php .htm
AddType application/x-httpd-php .html
Now, your htm or html files in that directory will be proccessed as if they were PHP files.
Hi Kevin, I'm pretty sure I tried that before and it never worked, but I'll certainly give it another go.
Regards Steve
tomcatuk

Post by tomcatuk »

I did as you said but using IE7 all it did was block access to the weather area and popped open a page asking me to save!! and would not display the page....
Regards Steve