Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Rain Today

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
icestorm
Weather Station: Tycon Power
Operating System: Vista

Rain Today

Post by icestorm »

In the rainfall section of Cumulus, were it indicates Today’s Rainfall. We had rain yesterday and the ’’today value’’ does not go to zero the next day. The today value never resets itself to zero.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Rain Today

Post by steve »

It must be failing to do the end of day rollover. Please zip up the diags folder and attach it.
Steve
icestorm

Post by icestorm »

Hi Steve,

When I try to compress the file I get the message Diags is empty so Compressed Folders cannot add it to the archive.
Do you want me to send you the folder?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You're running Vista. Which folder did you install Cumulus in? Did you read the readme file which pops up when you install Cumulus?

Here's the beginning of the file:

Code: Select all

Cumulus readme.txt v.1.8.9 - please read all of this file!
--------------------------------------------------------------

Installation:

Important: On Vista and Windows 7, it is strongly recommended 
that you install Cumulus outside the Program Files hierarchy, 
e.g. put it in C:\Cumulus\. If you choose to ignore this advice,
you may have trouble locating your data files (and any diagnostic
files produced by Cumulus) as Windows will redirect them to a
hidden folder. See the FAQ ("I can't find my data files") for 
more details.
But even if you did ignore this, I don't think it can be the cause of your rollover problem. It just makes it hard to solve as you'll now have to try to find the diags folder - see the FAQ entry for how to find it.
Steve
icestorm

Post by icestorm »

Hi Steve,

I followed the intructions for installation and attached the compressed diags file. I attached the file where it says Easyweather.dat is this correct. When I try to check the data in (This period) for yesterday it hasn’t recorded any information. Thanks Mark
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

icestorm wrote:I followed the intructions for installation
So you've installed to C:\Cumulus?
and attached the compressed diags file
I can't see an attachment here. What did you do, exactly?
I attached the file where it says Easyweather.dat is this correct.
I don't understand. You shouldn't be using an easyweather.dat file at all. What type of station have you selected - "Fine Offset", hopefully?
When I try to check the data in (This period) for yesterday it hasn’t recorded any information. Thanks Mark
Yes, this is because it isn't doing the daily rollover. I need to see the files from the Diags folder before I can say why.
Steve
icestorm

Post by icestorm »

Hi Steve,

Here is the requested file. Thanks Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Nothing happened between 22:17 last night and 07:42 this morning:

15/07/2010 22:17:00.640 : Writing todayfile, LastUpdateTime = 15/07/2010 10:17:00 PM raindaystart = 3.90000009536743
16/07/2010 07:42:44.879 : Writing todayfile, LastUpdateTime = 16/07/2010 7:42:44 AM raindaystart = 3.90000009536743

Do you have your PC set to suspend overnight? Cumulus doesn't allow for the PC being suspended, when it wakes up it doesn't realise it has been suspended so just carries on as if nothing had happened, hence no end of day rollover.

On the previous night, it was closed down properly, so when it was started again in the morning, it downloaded the data from the station and did the end of day rollover.
Steve
icestorm

Post by icestorm »

Hi Steve,

When say the computer was suspended is this the energy saver? How do I fix this? Does the computer always have to be on? Thanks Mark
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

icestorm wrote:When say the computer was suspended is this the energy saver? How do I fix this? Does the computer always have to be on? Thanks Mark
Yes, it will be in your power settings. You don't have to have the computer on all the time, but don't let it suspend while Cumulus is running or it will miss data. You need to close Cumulus before it suspends and start it up again when you wake it. Or disable the 'sleep' settings.

If you still want to keep your power-saving settings, there's a setting in the Cumulus station settings where it will try to close itself when the PC goes to sleep. This isn't guaranteed, and you have to remember to start it up again when you wake the PC.

Ideally, Cumulus would notice when the PC suspends and wakes and cope with it, but I wasn't able to get this working successfully with Fine Offset stations.
Steve
icestorm

Post by icestorm »

Thank you very Much!