Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

OREGON WMR 100

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Re: OREGON WMR 100

Post by Super-T »

The pictures of the Vantage Vue that I have looked at show all of the outdoor sensors in the one unit. If this is right then it doesn't allow you to put the various sensors in their best positions?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Super-T wrote:The pictures of the Vantage Vue that I have looked at show all of the outdoor sensors in the one unit. If this is right then it doesn't allow you to put the various sensors in their best positions?
Yes, it's something of a shortcoming, but I guess they had to cut costs somewhere to be able to price it appropriately.
Steve
yv1hx
Weather Station: No station yet ...
Operating System: Win XP Professional

Post by yv1hx »

Marco
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

Super-T wrote:The pictures of the Vantage Vue that I have looked at show all of the outdoor sensors in the one unit. If this is right then it doesn't allow you to put the various sensors in their best positions?
Terry, placing the sensors in their best locations/positions is just an illusion (not to write purely illogical)...

What most users in these forums seem to forget is that this whole weather information gathering is just a HOBBY, nothing more, nothing less!

Terry, no matter how hard anyone tries, no one will never be able to place the weather sensors in their best/recommended locations ... unless one lives in the middle of an open field, at sea level, with no obstacle whatsoever for a great distance - no tree, no house, no hill, nothing, completely flat and semi-deserted land...

The point I am trying to make is that the users of the Cumulus forums are expecting their low-to-middle priced weather stations to give them weather information that are not even expected from some of the most expensive weather stations - I pointed out the Cumulus forums as I am also participating/reading two other large weather forums (the Weather-Watch.Com forums and the WXforum.Net forums) where such high expectations are not even discussed nor expected from higher priced Davis Vantage Pro2 weather stations...

Well, I got my point/rant out in the open ... I guess I can now expect some bashing... :evil:
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Post by Super-T »

Ray
This is true but you can place sensors in wrong positions and also have slightly less wrong positions :-)
Or is that slightly better positions?
Hobby for sure in my case.
DaveNZ
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Post by DaveNZ »

Super-T wrote:Ray
This is true but you can place sensors in wrong positions and also have slightly less wrong positions :-)
Or is that slightly better positions?
Hobby for sure in my case.
Like placing your rain gauge on the guttering :shock: :lol:
I think that would cause it to register more due to splash off from the roof ;)
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

How about placing the cone of the rain gauge at the bottom of the gutters down pipe... :roll:

There is nothing wrong by placing the anemometer about half a meter above the chimney used for the home heating furnace - it should prevent the formation of ice during the cold months... :roll: