Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4021) - 04 May 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

beta Wind direction is class! suggestion for Steve

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
scientistuk
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Win XP and Ubuntu Linux

beta Wind direction is class! suggestion for Steve

Post by scientistuk »

don't know if this is in the right section?..forgive me if it is not.. I have just installed the newest beta and I must say I am impressed with the wind direction 'select a graph' option, its shown me that i have issues with the wind been partially blocked by houses to the west and east, I thought I had installed the station high enough but obviously not .. If only I could install the wind vane on the roof however I can see myself doing a Rod hull as I'm rather clumsy lol. I need a massive pole (pardon the pun) but unsure of legal restrictions on height??. any idea>?

I have a suggestion you may like or dislike Steve, I was just thinking how handy it would be to have 2 graphs side to side to see correlations to pressure, temp and wind etc . I know you can put these all on the same graph however due to different units used in the readings its difficult to make out any correlations ..I also know you can go to graphs but this section only shows limited data which I dont think needs changing in my opion.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: beta Wind direction is class! suggestion for Steve

Post by steve »

scientistuk wrote:I have a suggestion you may like or dislike Steve, I was just thinking how handy it would be to have 2 graphs side to side to see correlations to pressure, temp and wind etc . I know you can put these all on the same graph however due to different units used in the readings its difficult to make out any correlations ..I also know you can go to graphs but this section only shows limited data which I dont think needs changing in my opion.
I'm hoping to be able to do multiple axes at some point, which would let you do better comparisons of data with different scales.
Steve