Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New 6313USB Weatherlink Console Confusion

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

pacificblue03
Weather Station: Davis vantage vue
Operating System: windows 11

New 6313USB Weatherlink Console Confusion

Post by pacificblue03 »

Hello,
I am unsure if this has already been discussed so forgive me if it haws but ive been chatting with Davis support because i bought a VP2 & require the OLD console as id like to keep uploading to the CumulusMX interface ect..

They mentioned this:

"" Hi Antonio,
We have a console arriving in mid May however I’m confused about the issue you say that you can’t upload to your website?
There are pre-loaded html templates, free API with developer tools for this so I don’t think that is true. https://weatherlink.github.io/
The old analogue way you are doing things will be slower and less effective. Don’t forget the software has not been supported since 2019 so that it just a big update away from being obsolete.

We have the weatherlink console and weatherlink Live in stock which may be better for you to use moving forward. ""

And i am unsure what they are trying to tell me, does this indicate there is now a way to use the new console & get CumulusMX to work or now? im very confused. They mentioned if i buy the "new" USB 6313 that i can upload my data to pc but then why does CumulusMX not work with it according to posts?

Antonio.
Antonio
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: New 6313USB Weatherlink Console Confusion

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Antonio,
We have the weatherlink console and weatherlink Live in stock which may be better for you to use moving forward. ""

And i am unsure what they are trying to tell me, does this indicate there is now a way to use the new console & get CumulusMX to work or now? im very confused. They mentioned if i buy the "new" USB 6313 that i can upload my data to pc but then why does CumulusMX not work with it according to posts?
First, the reference to "USB 6313" is probably incorrect as there is no USB involved with the current Davis devices, neither Weatherlink Live (WLL) or new 6313 Console (WLC).

The WLL receives data from your outside ISS and has local wifi or ethernet connection for uploads to a Weatherlink.com account (Davis' "cloud" service). The data is viewable at Weatherlink.com and on the mobile Weatherlink App. The Weatherlink.com has a basic free plan which saves data in 15 minute interval. However the WLL is a data receiving and sending device and has no screen/monitor to view data locally (much like the Davis Envoy), A Weatherlink.com pay-for Pro subscription is available which saves data at 5-minute interval and all saved data and charts are viewable on Weatherlink.com. The WLL local near live data stream is available for CumulusMX. Archived historical data is available for CumulusMX download through the Weatherlink.com API Key v2. This archived data for retrieval for the period that CumulusMX may have been stopped is in 15 minute interval if you have the basic plan, and in 5-minute interval with the Pro plan. This WLL station type is selected in the CumulusMX Station settings as Davis Weatherlink Live.

The WLC has a colour screen and receives data from the outside ISS to view data locally. It can also upload to a Davis "cloud" Weatherlink.com account so the data is viewable from there and from the mobile Weatherlink App. The same as for WLL, the WLC associated Weatherlink.com account has basic or Pro option. The local data stream is not available from the WLC but the current CumulusMX has a station option to retrieve data from Weatherlink.com through the API Key v2, so Yes, CumulusMX can work with the Davis new console. This is relative new in CumulusMX and I don't know for sure if it will also work with the Weatherlink.com basic plan. Mark can likely confirm this when he returns. This WLC station type is selected in the CumulusMX Station settings as Davis Weatherlink Cloud (WLL/WLC). I don't have the new console but I have recently helped another uses with the new console to run current CumulusMX from Weatherlink.com Pro plan.

I hope I haven't confused you even more ;)

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

We have a console arriving in mid May
:?:
pacificblue03
Weather Station: Davis vantage vue
Operating System: windows 11

Post by pacificblue03 »

PaulMy wrote: Mon 22 Apr 2024 3:02 am Hi Antonio,

First, the reference to "USB 6313" is probably incorrect as there is no USB involved with the current Davis devices, neither Weatherlink Live (WLL) or new 6313 Console (WLC).

The WLL receives data from your outside ISS and has local wifi or ethernet connection for uploads to a Weatherlink.com account (Davis' "cloud" service). The data is viewable at Weatherlink.com and on the mobile Weatherlink App. The Weatherlink.com has a basic free plan which saves data in 15 minute interval. However the WLL is a data receiving and sending device and has no screen/monitor to view data locally (much like the Davis Envoy), A Weatherlink.com pay-for Pro subscription is available which saves data at 5-minute interval and all saved data and charts are viewable on Weatherlink.com. The WLL local near live data stream is available for CumulusMX. Archived historical data is available for CumulusMX download through the Weatherlink.com API Key v2. This archived data for retrieval for the period that CumulusMX may have been stopped is in 15 minute interval if you have the basic plan, and in 5-minute interval with the Pro plan. This WLL station type is selected in the CumulusMX Station settings as Davis Weatherlink Live.

The WLC has a colour screen and receives data from the outside ISS to view data locally. It can also upload to a Davis "cloud" Weatherlink.com account so the data is viewable from there and from the mobile Weatherlink App. The same as for WLL, the WLC associated Weatherlink.com account has basic or Pro option. The local data stream is not available from the WLC but the current CumulusMX has a station option to retrieve data from Weatherlink.com through the API Key v2, so Yes, CumulusMX can work with the Davis new console. This is relative new in CumulusMX and I don't know for sure if it will also work with the Weatherlink.com basic plan. Mark can likely confirm this when he returns. This WLC station type is selected in the CumulusMX Station settings as Davis Weatherlink Cloud (WLL/WLC). I don't have the new console but I have recently helped another uses with the new console to run current CumulusMX from Weatherlink.com Pro plan.

I hope I haven't confused you even more ;)

Enjoy,
Paul
Hi Paul thank you for that explanation, actually the chat with davis support went really bad and they basically said I need to move forward with the times and subscription and drop cumulus as it's "old"

I love cumulus and live that I can see my data anytime LIVE. fortunately I knew when he said that a new console with uab was not true otherwise it would have been on the website as features. Ansld that app thing does not help with anything.

The only thing I am thankful for is I have my current davis vantage vue, when I upgrade I can apparently use the vue console & furthermore have found a local Australian supplier that has stock of the old console coming in 1 more final time this year so not all hope is lose. I will keep using cumulusmx.

If they only had the warherlink console with usb.... there would be no issue. They mentioned a new console is launching in May.. I don't know if I believe them.
Antonio