Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Need help adjusting crazy yearly rainfall totals

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Adrianwx23
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Meteobridge

Re: Need help adjusting crazy yearly rainfall totals

Post by Adrianwx23 »

question guys , mostly for Paulmy so on my weather link app from Mobile phone I am using AdriansPWS which as you know is not the one with a pro account. I think my problem is how can switch to see Adriansweatherstation on my phone and also the 6313 console. You know my setup pretty when I view Adriansweatherstation in weather link it shows the correct yearly rainfall when I switch over to AdriansPWS it shows incorrect yearly total. So I have 2 account's or station names but I am a viewing right now on my console and phone the one without the pro subscription but I want to switch to the one that has the pro without loosing any current configuration.

I should be able to display my pro account on my 6313 console and on my phone. Just being cautious don’t want to remove or delete any current configuration.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

question guys , mostly for Paulmy so on my weather link app from Mobile phone I am using AdriansPWS which as you know is not the one with a pro account. I think my problem is how can switch to see Adriansweatherstation on my phone and also the 6313 console. You know my setup pretty when I view Adriansweatherstation in weather link it shows the correct yearly rainfall when I switch over to AdriansPWS it shows incorrect yearly total. So I have 2 account's or station names but I am a viewing right now on my console and phone the one without the pro subscription but I want to switch to the one that has the pro without loosing any current configuration.

I should be able to display my pro account on my 6313 console and on my phone. Just being cautious don’t want to remove or delete any current configuration.
First, is this correct:
Your Weatherlink Console 6313 is uploading to Weatherlink.com account Adrian's PWS and is currently a basic account
Your Weatherlink Live 6100 is uploading to Weatherlink.com account Adrians Weather Station and is currently a Pro account, and this is the station type used by your CumulusMX.

As I understand you have both a Weatherlink Live 6100 (WLL) and Weatherlink Console 6313 (WLC) devices and they both upload to their own Weatherlink.com (WL.com) account. I have found both your stations through the WL.com, site one as Adrians PWS in Lake Worth, FL and the other as Adrian's Weather Station in Greenacres, FL and both owned by you. From my viewing on WL.com I have saved both stations using the Save option. After saving a WL.com station it appear for me on my Weathlink App (I use Samsung but it shouldn't make any difference which OS you use for your Weatherlink App). You can remove the Pro status from one account so it will be basic, and then use your Pro credit for the other station, and back and forth. Of course buying a Pro for both is the most felixble but a higher cost. You must remember that a basic WL.com account only saves data at 15-minute interval and a Pro can be set at 5-minute save interval. So when you change one from basic to Pro you must remembere to manualy change the interval setting each time you set an account to Pro otherwise it will stay at 15-minute interval.

CumulusMX can receive near-live data directly from a Weatherlink Live station device and obtains additional data once a minute from WL.com, and if it is a Pro account then also CMX can download archive data for catch-up for the time CMX was not running. I believe this is your current configuration.

CumulusMX can also receive data from a WLC station type but only through WL.com and also archive data if the account is a Pro. This CMX connection with the WLC/WL.com station is at one-minute data access. So if you have them both then the WLL station type is your best CMX connection device as it gets near-live data. Setting the station type is in your CMX Station settings.

As both the WLL and WLC devices receive data from the same ISS your data should be identical in WLL/WL.com and WLC/WL.com unless these were started at different time/date and if the WLC is setup to upload to WL.com (it is a setting option for the WLC to upload to WL.com), or if one was unable to receive or missed data due to some misfunction, or if you have edited the Year to Date Rainfall and the Year Rain Season start in their respective WL.com accounts. This could be the reason your data is different at WL.com for your two stations. I have the WLL and have full confidence to its data upload to WL.com. I don't have the WLC so have no direct experience with it but do know that uploading to WL.com is optional for the WLC so its WL.com data may not be identical to the WLL WL.com site. You will have to check and become familiar with these things if you are trying to match them.

If you want to have cumulusMX rain with the identical data to start as your WLL or WLC stations then you need to make the settings in CMX to account for the prior rain amounts, and have the same Rainfall Year Season as in your WL.com settings.

My two Weatherlink devices that upload to WL.com show independently on my Weatherlink App regardless which one is a Pro or basic. If you are unable to view both your WL.com stations viewable in your Weatherlink App you may need to contact Davis.

Sorry about the lenghty detail but understanding how the devices interface with WL.com and with CumulusMX is very important for making settings and comparing. They are both excellent products and don't like to see undue criticism or illinformed comment. User questions are always welcomed.

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
Adrianwx23
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Meteobridge

Post by Adrianwx23 »

PaulMy wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2024 5:22 am

First, is this correct:
Your Weatherlink Console 6313 is uploading to Weatherlink.com account Adrian's PWS and is currently a basic account
Your Weatherlink Live 6100 is uploading to Weatherlink.com account Adrians Weather Station and is currently a Pro account, and this is the station type used by your CumulusMX.

As I understand you have both a Weatherlink Live 6100 (WLL) and Weatherlink Console 6313 (WLC) devices and they both upload to their own Weatherlink.com (WL.com) account. I have found both your stations through the WL.com, site one as Adrians PWS in Lake Worth, FL and the other as Adrian's Weather Station in Greenacres, FL and both owned by you. From my viewing on WL.com I have saved both stations using the Save option. After saving a WL.com station it appear for me on my Weathlink App (I use Samsung but it shouldn't make any difference which OS you use for your Weatherlink App). You can remove the Pro status from one account so it will be basic, and then use your Pro credit for the other station, and back and forth. Of course buying a Pro for both is the most felixble but a higher cost. You must remember that a basic WL.com account only saves data at 15-minute interval and a Pro can be set at 5-minute save interval. So when you change one from basic to Pro you must remembere to manualy change the interval setting each time you set an account to Pro otherwise it will stay at 15-minute interval.

CumulusMX can receive near-live data directly from a Weatherlink Live station device and obtains additional data once a minute from WL.com, and if it is a Pro account then also CMX can download archive data for catch-up for the time CMX was not running. I believe this is your current configuration.

CumulusMX can also receive data from a WLC station type but only through WL.com and also archive data if the account is a Pro. This CMX connection with the WLC/WL.com station is at one-minute data access. So if you have them both then the WLL station type is your best CMX connection device as it gets near-live data. Setting the station type is in your CMX Station settings.

As both the WLL and WLC devices receive data from the same ISS your data should be identical in WLL/WL.com and WLC/WL.com unless these were started at different time/date and if the WLC is setup to upload to WL.com (it is a setting option for the WLC to upload to WL.com), or if one was unable to receive or missed data due to some misfunction, or if you have edited the Year to Date Rainfall and the Year Rain Season start in their respective WL.com accounts. This could be the reason your data is different at WL.com for your two stations. I have the WLL and have full confidence to its data upload to WL.com. I don't have the WLC so have no direct experience with it but do know that uploading to WL.com is optional for the WLC so its WL.com data may not be identical to the WLL WL.com site. You will have to check and become familiar with these things if you are trying to match them.

If you want to have cumulusMX rain with the identical data to start as your WLL or WLC stations then you need to make the settings in CMX to account for the prior rain amounts, and have the same Rainfall Year Season as in your WL.com settings.

My two Weatherlink devices that upload to WL.com show independently on my Weatherlink App regardless which one is a Pro or basic. If you are unable to view both your WL.com stations viewable in your Weatherlink App you may need to contact Davis.

Sorry about the lenghty detail but understanding how the devices interface with WL.com and with CumulusMX is very important for making settings and comparing. They are both excellent products and don't like to see undue criticism or illinformed comment. User questions are always welcomed.

Enjoy,
Paul
Hi Paul, thanks so much for your message! How can I make Adrians Weather Station the main one in my Davis mobile app? Right now it keeps reverting to AdriansPWS. I have been using Adrians PWS on my 6313 but I want to change that so that it’s using Adriansweatherstation since it’s the pro account and also has the correct updated yearly data.
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

SamiS wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2024 8:48 pm So to correct the data shown in mobile app, you would need to modify the data on weatherlink. But as @PaulMy stated few messages earlier, there is not known way to edit that data. Of course you could try to contact Davis support if they can help.
If true that’s appalling. It’s like Davis have decided that once your kit has uploaded that data it’s no longer yours. It’s theirs.

Not dissimilar to WU who removed the option to edit bad data some years ago. But WU is free whereas you pay a subscription for WeatherLink. I’m so pleased I never went down that route.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

@Adrian wrote:
How can I make Adrians Weather Station the main one in my Davis mobile app? Right now it keeps reverting to AdriansPWS. I have been using Adrians PWS on my 6313 but I want to change that so that it’s using Adriansweatherstation since it’s the pro account and also has the correct updated yearly data.
My Samsung Weatherlink App does not default to either of my WL.com accounts but instead shows a listing of all the WL.com stations that I have saved including your two, and this shows a brief summary of current data for each so easy to select the one I want to view.

I am presuming that you initially purchased the VP2 package with the new Weatherlink Console, and that you then registered it for uploads to WL.com so likely this your prime or home station at WL.com account. And when you purchased the WLL and set that up at WL.com that became a second WL.com account. Maybe you need to merge accounts

Code: Select all

Merge Accounts
Combine multiple WeatherLink 2.0 accounts into a single WeatherLink 2.0 account and have access to all of your owned, saved and shared devices under one account.
or contact Davis.
@Ray wrote:
whereas you pay a subscription for WeatherLink. I’m so pleased I never went down that route.
A paid subscription only if you want more... With the new Davis devices that includes Cloud services you can still run weather programs like CumulusMX, upload to WU, WOW, CWOP, and view your data summary on WL.com and App all free just like you can with your existing Davis station and logger. The best of both worlds, except Cumulus1 will not run with WLL or the Cloud services ;)

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

PaulMy wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2024 3:25 pm [except Cumulus1 will not run with WLL or the Cloud services ;)

Enjoy,
Paul
I have no desire for either Paul. I investigated WLL last year but the migration process seemed a nightmare. My website does me and all my visitors fine. Bear in mind I also load my dayfile.txt into an Access database so can interrogate the data in many different ways. ;)
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

bumpy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by bumpy »

Hello
After several weeks of problems with my website farleighmeadows.co.uk all is working well except there is a huge anomaly relating to the total reported rainfall for the period from 1 January 2024 until today. The Almanac page on the web site is reporting a total of 988.4mm for the year to date but this is at odds with the total (529.2) indicated by the Davis Vantage Vue (which I believe).
I have checked the log files for Jan, Feb, March and April 2024 to date and these reveal no significant anomalies: the total rain for Jan continues into the start of Feb and so on until now reaching 529.2. There are a few missing daily entries when I had problems with the website but I can't see how a lack of data entries would affect the overall total of yearly rainfall.
I would be quite happy to amend the yearly total to match the total from the Davis Vantage Vue but I cannot see any way of doing this. The Rain Today editor doesn't seem to have any effect of the yearly total on the Almanac page which is resistant to any change.
How do I correct the total on the page to match the total from the station?
Tony
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Have you checked the totals recorded on dayfile.txt? You can do this through the dayfile log editor on the dashboard.
Freddie
bumpy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by bumpy »

Hello Freddie
Thank you for the quick response. I have manually added the total daily rainfall totals for the dayfile ecords that exist from 1 January until today. The dayfile reveals that the total rainfall was 470.6mm for this period but there were 26 days where there is no dayfile record because of problems. During the period, however the Vantage Vue continued to total rainfall for the whole period, except for a very few days when despite amending 1 minute record to 5 minutes whilst I was in Norway, a few days records were overwritten when the Vantage Vue memory ran out of space.
Thus I am fairly certain that the 529.2mm total is very close to correct. Where the 988.4mm comes from I have no idea.
Tony