Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

rain registration error and noaa generator

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

emagenerallagos
Weather Station: wh 1801
Operating System: windows 10

rain registration error and noaa generator

Post by emagenerallagos »

Good morning, I am having the problem that it does not correctly show the monthly or annual precipitation on the main page (it marks me at 0mm) but if it rains during the day it marks the daily record as annual and monthly, and in the report generator noaa no It works in the month of March, I am using v:3.26.0, b:3248, I attach mxdiags and data to see if they see something that I don't see (I don't understand much either) and the online station is at www.lagoscomunicaciones.com.ar/clima
From already thank you very much
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: rain registration error and noaa generator

Post by mcrossley »

It looks like you have changed the locale settings that Cumulus MX is running under.

From 09/09/22 until 14/09/23 you were using dot decimals, that changed on 14/09/23 to using a comma decimal.
Then on the 02/03/24 you changed back to using a dot decimal again.

You will need to stick to one format or the other, I suggest dot decimal as that is what you are using now.

You will also need to edit (at a minimum) your dayfile.txt and change all the comma decimals to dot decimals, and the same for the mar24log.txt file.
emagenerallagos

mcrossley wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 12:32 pm It looks like you have changed the locale settings that Cumulus MX is running under.

From 09/09/22 until 14/09/23 you were using dot decimals, that changed on 14/09/23 to using a comma decimal.
Then on the 02/03/24 you changed back to using a dot decimal again.

You will need to stick to one format or the other, I suggest dot decimal as that is what you are using now.

You will also need to edit (at a minimum) your dayfile.txt and change all the comma decimals to dot decimals, and the same for the mar24log.txt file.
Hello, thank you very much for responding, there I started to look in detail and I see what the error you are indicating is, is it a comma change for a period, what is it due to? do not touch anything at all, the station is connected to a computer that is used only for the station and is not used for anything, where could the fault be so that I can solve it so that it does not happen to me again
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

It is controlled by your "Language & Region" (in English) settings in Windows.
emagenerallagos

mcrossley wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 4:10 pm It is controlled by your "Language & Region" (in English) settings in Windows.
So it is some Windows error that causes it to be changed internally since the machine is in Spanish Argentina and that was never touched. I already modified the mar24log file leaving all the records with . and I did the same with daylife, I corrected the day that was wrong and left everything with decimal point. Even so, the website still does not show the accumulated monthly and annual rainfall on the main website and in the NOAA report it still does not generate the March report, am I having another problem or will the modifications only be seen when the day changes, on the other hand? On the other hand, the records for January and February remain with decimals (,) and the one for March with decimals (.) does that not affect anything?
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Please post the MXdiags log file from the start-up of CMX after you edited the day file.
emagenerallagos

mcrossley wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 6:29 pm Please post the MXdiags log file from the start-up of CMX after you edited the day file.
I attach the last log, the tx of Mar24 and day
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emagenerallagos

emagenerallagos wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 7:04 pm
mcrossley wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 6:29 pm Please post the MXdiags log file from the start-up of CMX after you edited the day file.
I attach the last log, the tx of Mar24 and day

I partly solved the problem by modifying the files Jan24log -Feb24log and Mar24log, leaving them all with decimal (.) I did the same with the daylife file, that way the main page already shows the daily, monthly and annual rain record in correctly, what follows is to see the March noaa report, delete the reports folder in the software and on the web and generate all the reports again, now it is seen correctly from the cumulus administrator, not like that in the website that the reports folder was not created again, perhaps it is a matter of waiting, I think that this folder or the data from it is generated once a day
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
not like that in the website that the reports folder was not created again, perhaps it is a matter of waiting, I think that this folder or the data from it is generated once a day
The current NOAA MO and YR reports only will be uploaded at day's end. And you can FileZilla FTP the previous MO and YR from your local \Reports folder to your remote folder.

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
emagenerallagos

PaulMy wrote: Mon 18 Mar 2024 12:13 am Hi,
not like that in the website that the reports folder was not created again, perhaps it is a matter of waiting, I think that this folder or the data from it is generated once a day
The current NOAA MO and YR reports only will be uploaded at day's end. And you can FileZilla FTP the previous MO and YR from your local \Reports folder to your remote folder.

Enjoy,
Paul
thank you