Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Timelapse in iSpy and FTP serwer

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
Dador
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus & Ecowitt
Operating System: Windows 10

Timelapse in iSpy and FTP serwer

Post by Dador »

For some time now I have been using iSpy software to handle the image from my IP camera. Previously I used Yawcam (after Windows update, it doesn't work with my old camera), I used WebcamXP, but the free version is quite limited.
Anyway, I'm happy with iSpy. The program sends the image from the camera to the server at intervals and also creates a daily timelapse movie. And I have a problem with the latter.

I don't know how to automate uploading my daily timelapse video to an FTP server. I don't think it's in the available options, or I can't set it. Basically I see 3 solutions that would help me:

- setting a schedule for sending a timelapse video to an FTP server in iSpy;
- changed iSpy configuration to save each new video under the same name.
- getting some program (maybe CMX) to send a file, e.g. at midnight.

The biggest problem for me is that iSpy creates a separate name for each video according to the example below

Code: Select all

1_TimeLapse_2023-12-14_07-00-09
The format is variable and depends on the day, month, year and time of recording start.

Is there a way to upload such variable-named files to an FTP server? Maybe someone does something like this and could tell me what to do.