Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

weather-watch.com

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

weather-watch.com

Post by Mapantz »

What has happened to that site?

It's unusable now.

Tells me I need to install addons, so many things not working. The forums I used to read - particularly WXSIM - have gone.

It's dreadful!
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: weather-watch.com

Post by freddie »

I was curious (never heard of it before) so went and had a look. I could see a discourse-based forum (which included wxsim - https://discourse.weather-watch.com/c/software/wxsim/29) and some other bits and pieces, There's an "about" page that says there have been over half a million posts!! I didn't get prompted to install any add-ons. This was using Chrome 112.0.5615.138 .

the site appeared to be functioning okay - during the 5 minutes i spent on there I saw one gateway timeout error.
Freddie
broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Windows 7 and Linux

Post by broadstairs »

Chris the admin had to replace the old software and went to discourse. It takes a bit of getting used to but there will be more sites using discourse in future I believe. Also openSUSE has moved to it as well. I now find it easy to use. I still use Weather Display so use it often. I have not had to install any add-ons but you do need an up to date browser or it refuses to cooperate.

Stuart
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I use it a bit too, Discourse is a bit different, but it works ok for me in a desktop browser and my phone browser. No requests for any add-ons for me either.

It's still "bedding in", Chris is making small tweaks to improve usability, but the group structure is the same as the old forum and all the old messages and user accounts have been migrated across, so I found it a fairly seamless experience.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

This is where I am getting directed to: https://community.weather-watch.com/
broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Windows 7 and Linux

Post by broadstairs »

Mapantz wrote: Sun 23 Apr 2023 4:05 pm This is where I am getting directed to: https://community.weather-watch.com/
Yes I had that the other day for some reason, I just typed the proper address manually and it works. Maybe clear your cache?

Stuart
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

That forum is an absolute dump with the level of arrogance on it.

I had a thread set up regarding air quality for a PWS dashboard, and the owner of the forum completely went off topic and created an unnecessary argument over something that I didn't even mention, then has the gall to lock the thread.

A complete nob on the highest level. Won't be returning to that hole.

And now I am banned. An admin has created his own argument with himself, lost that argument, closes the thread and bans me to save himself admitting he was wrong. What a moron!