Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Wind Direction Chart Tooltip Fix?

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

Grimers
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 64-bit

Wind Direction Chart Tooltip Fix?

Post by Grimers »

Hi all,

Is there a fix for the tooltip on the wind direction graph? I have come across many CMX sites with the wind direction tooltip showing the current values instead of random values. I have come across Cumulus Utils, but not sure if this is what is required?

Cheers!
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: Wind Direction Chart Tooltip Fix?

Post by HansR »

Grimers wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 4:08 pm Is there a fix for the tooltip on the wind direction graph? I have come across many CMX sites with the wind direction tooltip showing the current values instead of random values. I have come across Cumulus Utils, but not sure if this is what is required?
No, it is not required to use CUtils though that would solve your problem and give you some extra's. Please note that CUtils is modular and you can use the charts standalone as a module in your own website (assuming you would use the chartscompiler). All in all: yes it would require some setup and learning.

You can solve it yourself if you edit the chart code for the direction chart. You will have to do it twice: once for the interface and once for the website (assuming you use the standard website) and take care how you handle updates of CMX. You will have to dive into Highcharts, how the charts are built and how the tooltips are built. All in all it would require some programming in javascript.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
Grimers

Post by Grimers »

Thanks, Hans.

Think I've managed to find a solution whilst scanning round the cumuluscharts.js file. Well, it works!
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

OK. Good, but I suppose you mean the cumuluscharts.txt file? Otherwise I am confused :?
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
Grimers

Post by Grimers »

I updated the cumuluscharts.js file from the latest MX release, which seemed to activate the tooltip correctly.