Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.0 (build 4022) - 11 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Alarm

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

watsonm
Weather Station: N96GY -but like Triggers Broom!!
Operating System: Raspberry Pi4 Vers:11 Bullseye

Alarm

Post by watsonm »

Hans,
I presume you monitor within utils when the last data set was generated by CMX so that the Status led is red green or flashing red. Is there anywhere that this status can be read as occasionally my Pi locks up (and so does not TX an Alarm). It is only sometime later that I notice and would like to send a message to my phone.

My only other option at the moment is to occasionally read the date/time of the uploaded realtime.txt file (from another pi) and message my phone (using Pushover) :geek:
Regards Mike
Raspberry Pi 4 Bullseye
Directly connected : BMP388 pressure sensor. DHT22 For internal Humidity/temp Sensor. PMS5003 Particle Sensor
Wireless connected: 3 (WS2083)Temp TXr's, WH57 Lightning Sensor, FO Solar sensor
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: Alarm

Post by HansR »

Mike,

The green/red led is a signal governed by the Gauges software on the realtimegauges.txt, it is not something special from CUtils (could do but I didn't ;) ) It is something like a three(?) minutes concluding there has been no update and turns red, when it comes back (three minutes waiting out of my head) it turns green again.

There is no api by which you can ask or set its status.
If you want control you have to determine a status on your own criteria and show something.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
watsonm
Weather Station: N96GY -but like Triggers Broom!!
Operating System: Raspberry Pi4 Vers:11 Bullseye

Re: Alarm

Post by watsonm »

Hans,
OK thanks...
Didn't want to repeat any work!

Sorted by reading the date stamp in realtime.txt every 15 minutes from another pi and ensuring it is different ..... :mrgreen:
Regards Mike
Raspberry Pi 4 Bullseye
Directly connected : BMP388 pressure sensor. DHT22 For internal Humidity/temp Sensor. PMS5003 Particle Sensor
Wireless connected: 3 (WS2083)Temp TXr's, WH57 Lightning Sensor, FO Solar sensor