Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4021) - 04 May 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

System off the air

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
harrym1byt
Weather Station: WH 1081 (EasyWeather type)
Operating System: Win10

System off the air

Post by harrym1byt »

:groan:

The first indication was that I was unable to connect to the Cumulus MX webpage. Checked the FO display, that was apparently working and lit up by back lights (via a bypass). Checked the RPi red power LED lit and was flashing it's green LED about once per second or so. Then my microwave packed in and my TV antenna, so they took priority, plus numerous other minor issues.

Whilst prioritising the fix of latter items, the FO's backlights dimmed and the display went off - which I assume means it was failing to get 5v via the USB from the RPi.

I then plugged the FO into a USB wallwart, on it came, and receiving data from remote sensors again.

Even without the FO plugged into the RPi, I would expect the RPi's webpages to be accessible?

Ideas please for where to look next?
SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Re: System off the air

Post by SamiS »

RPi can fail in so many ways. First I would attach a display to see if it boots or not. If there is no signs of life, I would test with another power supply. A failed sd card can also be the cause of a blank screen. If a new psu and a new card do not bring any help, likely the rpi itself has failed.
harrym1byt
Weather Station: WH 1081 (EasyWeather type)
Operating System: Win10

Re: System off the air

Post by harrym1byt »

Sorted, and now back on the air....

Problem traced to the mains / USB power adaptor. It strangely had enough output volts to light the RPi up, but not enough to enable the RPi to be able to run, nor enough to power the FO LCD display.