Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Using Extra Sensor 1 as main temp/hum

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

RTSpringer
Weather Station: WMR968
Operating System: Windows 7

Using Extra Sensor 1 as main temp/hum

Post by RTSpringer »

I have cumulus working with my ancient WMR968 and Windows 10 PC. I'm using Extra Sensor 1 as my main humidity/temp sensor but I can't figure out how to make Extra Sensor 1 as the "main" sensor. Log Extra Sensors is checked.

Thanks much,
Robert
RTSpringer

Re: Using Extra Sensor 1 as main temp/hum

Post by RTSpringer »

I thought I'd add a bit more info in case it helps generate some answers.

I'm running Latest Cumulus MX release 3.22.2 (build 3213) - 16 October 2022.

I'd like to use the extra sensor as the main WMR969 sensor has a faulty humidity gauge and chronically underreports that value.

The extra sensor data (temp and humidity) is being logged and clearly shows up when I view extra sensors.

I don't see how the extra sensor can be made the main sensor reporting to Wunderground etc in Cumulus.

Otherwise it seems to be a wonderful program.
broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Windows 7 and Linux

Post by broadstairs »

I use Ecowitt and it is in Settings/Station Settings/Ecowitt Sensor Mappings so maybe it's only for Ecowitt. Perhaps there is an option for your station type in a similar place.

Stuart
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Maybe this thread could be worth a read? I found this by searching this forum for WMR968. There were lots of results for this search. Perhaps you could try searching the Wiki for the same thing?
Freddie
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

RTSpringer wrote: Sun 16 Oct 2022 7:45 pm I have cumulus working with my ancient WMR968 and Windows 10 PC. I'm using Extra Sensor 1 as my main humidity/temp sensor but I can't figure out how to make Extra Sensor 1 as the "main" sensor. Log Extra Sensors is checked.

Thanks much,
Robert
freddie wrote: Wed 19 Oct 2022 9:24 pm Perhaps you could try searching the Wiki for the same thing?
Much effort was spent on writing that Wiki, so time should be spent on reading it!
Rather than do a search on Wiki, go straight to reading documentation on settings for your make of weather station.
RTSpringer

Post by RTSpringer »

Thanks, freddie, for pointing me in the right direction. It's working now.

I did spend some time searching and didn't find the answer. Really appreciate your help!