Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Loss of wind and direction data

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
Ro3bert
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 10 V 10.1.16299

Loss of wind and direction data

Post by Ro3bert »

WMR200 wind speed and direction are not displaying on either the base station or Cumulus. I realize, of course, that if something doesn't display on the base station if won't in Cumulus. :groan:

First I reset the base station, nothing happened, they I went out to the station, removed the wind dodad removed the wind cups and reset that unit.

Neither the base station nor Cumulus acknowledge the wind sending unit. All the battery indicators are green. Tried various configuration settings (didn't change any important parameters), looked through the edit menu but couldn't find anything that related to the problem.

Anybody have what has happened, or solutions. I've had the computer on constantly for a couple of days with no indications of problems with the computer. I did shut down Cumulus and restarted it, that was when the problem started. Before I shut Cumulus down everything was running well.

To try to correct the problem I turned the computer off then later turned it back on. Unfortunately the situation still exists.

So, Image HELP, HELP. I am a complete loss.

Meanwhile everyone have a great and happy New Year.

Robert
Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better. :clap:
grwkak
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Loss of wind and direction data

Post by grwkak »

Did you try pressing the button that forces the base unit to search for wireless sensors?
I had one of these units and this also happened to me from time to time. Sometimes slightly relocating the base unit appeared to help.

Guy
Ro3bert

Post by Ro3bert »

Sorry for the delay Guy.

Actually I did that along with going outside to the wind unit, unscrewed it and pressed the reset button. Still nothing so either the sending unit has given up, the base unit has an internal problem or another possibility is the batteries in the outdoor sensors.

I looked through the WMR200 owners manual and it suggested Consumer grade Lithium batteries for temps below freezing. I have the normal alkaline so I'll have to get some of the Lithium ones and see if that works.

Our temp this morning hit a low of -4.7 degrees F though it wasn't that cold yesterday. However it hasn't gotten above freezing for five days and is not expected to get that warm until next Sunday or Monday 01/07 (US dating).

Well I'll get the batteries and see if that solves the problem.

Robert
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

Some batteries do not cope well with low temperatures, an intermittient problem I have been having with some of my kit on recent cold nights.
Ro3bert

Post by Ro3bert »

sfws wrote:Some batteries do not cope well with low temperatures, an intermittient problem I have been having with some of my kit on recent cold nights.
Going to get the lithium batteries today and replace all in the sensors. Have to bring the whole shebang into the house, it's too damned cold outside to change them there, well except for the rain sensor. Don't know about that one as to whether it sends information since we haven't had any rain lately :lol: Actually I have never seen rain information, and I just recently found the reason; one battery was corroded and I'd never pressed the reset button when I first mounted the unit. So now I have to wait until spring when and if we get rain.
Ro3bert

Re: Loss of wind and direction data: Solved

Post by Ro3bert »

Yeah :clap: it's back up and running. Got some Lithium AA batteries and when I started changing them found that the temp/humidity takes AAA batteries so have to go back to get them. Still the station is registering on the software just fine.