Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CumulusMX dashboard

Share your Cumulus MX user interface here

Moderator: mcrossley

candrasa
Weather Station: PCE FWS 20
Operating System: Windows7

CumulusMX dashboard

Post by candrasa »

Hello,

This is my first time to upload Weather station data to the internet,

I have PCE-FWS20 weather station and I want to upload the data to the internet. I have installed CumulusMX but my data cannot be uploaded to the internet

http://stacu.csuryadharma.my.id

My local CumulusMX also refuse to connect, after I do some setting in the first time

Any support will be very helpfull, thanks
NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Re: CumulusMX dashboard

Post by NeilThomas »

Firstly, it looks like you have uploaded the 'interface' folder to your website - not a good idea. This interface is intended for your use on your local system, not as a public website. You should delete all these files from your web host and upload the contents of the 'webfiles' folder. However, these just provide the backbone for the site.

You also mention that your weather station is not connecting to CumulusMX. I assume that you have typed localhost:8998 into the address bar on your web browser. If you do you should see the 'dashboard' page as currently displayed on your live site. This will not be displaying any data because it needs to be configured first.

Go to the 'Station Settings' page and choose your station from the first drop-down list. Configure the Units you want to use and any other settings needed. You will then need to restart CumulusMX so that it can find your weather station. Check out the CumulusMX pages on this wiki for more detailed information.

In order to send data to your public website, you need to configure the 'Internet Settings'. You need to set up your host name - probably stacu.csuryadharma.my.id and the directory on that server where your pages should be sent - probably something like public_html if you are using a linux host. Enter your logon username and password and thats that section done. Now go to the 'Web/FTP settings' tab.

On this section check 'Auto update' & 'Include standard files'. This will process the default web pages and upload them to your website.

There are other things to do as well but that should bet you started.
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
candrasa

Post by candrasa »

Hello Neil, Thanks for your guidance,

1. I have deleted all the files in my web http://stacu.csuryadharma.my.id, and change it with the content of webfiles folder

2. I have configured my weather station in http://localhost:8998, and restart cumulusMX.exe, but still no data displayed on it

3. I have configured the internet setting pointed to stacu.csuryadharma.my.id, and set the folder to stacu.csuryadharma.my.id

4. I also have adding an extrafile setting pointed to realtimegaugeT.txt in local file and for remote file pointed to folder stacu.csuryadharma.my.id

5. do I need to configure sql server for CumulusMX in my hosting ?

Thanks before
NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Post by NeilThomas »

You need to focus on getting the connection between your weather station and CumulusMX. Are you using a USB or serial cable between the station and your pc?

I am unfamiliar with the that particular weather station so are you sure that it is set up to send data to Cumulus?

If you are using a serial cable you will need to tell Cumulus which com port you are using.

Finally, you don't need to do anything with the database side of things, this will use default settings that work just fine.
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

You are trying to do too much in one go, it is pointless trying to configure internet settings until you actually get Cumulus reading data from your station. You also seem to be trying to get Cumulus 1.9.4. working at the same time and also configuring lots of internet uploads in that before you even have it reading data. Slow down and someone may be able to help you.

To begin with, zip up the MXdiags folder and attach it to a reply in this thread. Make sure you are not trying to run Cumulus 1.9.4. or Easyweather at the same time as Cumulus MX.
Steve
candrasa

Post by candrasa »

Hello Steve, Thank you for your reply

I am sorry that I try both Cumulus 1 and CumulusMX to upload my station data,

I have successfully connected my weather station to CumulusMX :) , and I will sent the CumulusMX MXdiags data to you. So I have mistaken easyweather with fine offset, and it works with fine offset. currently I still try to calibrate the data.

Thanks
MXdiags.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
candrasa

Post by candrasa »

Hello,

Why is my web site didn't sync with my weather station?

I have connected my Fine Offset weather station to Cumulus MX, but my website only displayed the first connected data, why didn't they connected to each other after the first connection?

thanks
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi candrasa,
Your http://stacu.csuryadharma.my.id/index.htm is not changing from "Conditions at local time 15:47 on 23 September 2017"
Possible cause is incorrect settings in Web Site so the updates are not being FTP or going to a different location. Any clues in your MXdiags file?

A screen shot of your settings there will be helpful (remove any ID and password)

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

candrasa

Post by candrasa »

Hello PaulMy,

This is my setting for Cumulus1 Software,
1 easyweather upload setting.png
This is my setting for CumulusMX internet setting
1 CumulusMX Internet Setting.png
From MXdiag I get this error,

Code: Select all

2017-09-24 12:06:39.655 Error encountered during MySQL operation.
2017-09-24 12:06:39.655 Access denied for user (using password: YES)
2017-09-24 12:06:39.807 Error uploading realtime.txt to //stacu.csuryadharma.my.id//realtime.txt : Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
2017-09-24 12:06:39.905 Error uploading web\realtimegauges.txt to //stacu.csuryadharma.my.id//realtimegauges.txt : Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by candrasa on Mon 25 Sep 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Far from being an expert and don't know anything about EasyWeather, but wonder why you are even using EasyWeather and its settings?
If your station is working and you want to use Cumulus you need to stop EasyWeather and only run Cumulus. I don't use Cumulus MX full time so can only suggest you first try Cumulus 1 to get it working and uploading, then you can move on.

With Cumulus 1 running in Configuration Station select the Fine Offset (i.e. WH1080) in the Station type.
In Configuration Internet settings:
Web Site fill in the appropriate fields
Web Setting tick Enable Realtime, Enable Realtime FTP Realtime,txt FTP and then see if realtime.txt is shown on your website.

You can tick FTP Logging in Configuration and then after a few updates (untick after a few updates otherwise the file could get very large) open the log file in \Cumulus\ and see if any errors are shown.
After expected Cumulus web updates you could log into your webserver account and see if you can find realtime.txt and note it's path / location and that may be helpful to get the right settings in Configuration Internet WebSite.

Good luck.
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Your directory starts with two slashes, so that's wrong, and you haven't supplied a username so the login is presumably failing.
Steve
candrasa

Post by candrasa »

Hello PaulMY, Thanks for your guide but right now I am trying on CumulusMX setting
I editted the post to give the bug report of Cumulus1 that is happening to my Cumulus1
bugreport.txt
Hello Steve, Previously, I erase the username in the internet setting, this is the setting in my newest configuration after several day trying different entry for each input in CumulusMX (It works on filezilla, but failed to connect in CumulusMX)

anyway... I am using this setting
1 no host.PNG
and getting this error

Code: Select all

2017-09-26 16:56:14.918 Updating internet settings
2017-09-26 16:56:14.918 Writing Cumulus.ini file
2017-09-26 16:56:15.494 Error encountered during MySQL operation.
2017-09-26 16:56:15.494 Lost connection to MySQL server during query
2017-09-26 16:56:15.495 Error uploading realtime.txt to realtime.txt : No such host is known
2017-09-26 16:56:15.499 Error uploading web\realtimegauges.txt to realtimegauges.txt : No such host is known
Last night I manually upload all file in web folder of CumulusMX into my subdomain (stacu.csuryadharma.my.id), and it can update to the newest weather condition, so I guess there is something wrong with my cumulusMX connection setting, but I have no clue on which part it is?

how to set up SQL in cumulusMX Setting ?
I have created database in my hosting, but I have no Idea of how to fill the host in the setting.

Thanks for your help
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

if you own a domain and it is pointing to your CPANEL setup then you need to setup ftp within cpanel.

once you have a username and password setup you should then ftp to

ftp.yourdomain.com

directory to upload = /public_html or /www

if you dont have this type of cpanel then I have no idea how your hosting company have setup your webspace and domain name. you need to contact them and get the correct information from them.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •