Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CumulusMX Raspberry PI and nginx

Share your Cumulus MX user interface here

Moderator: mcrossley

Joe Curtis
Weather Station: W-8681
Operating System: RPI Buster MX 3117

CumulusMX Raspberry PI and nginx

Post by Joe Curtis »

Having run Cumulus 1 for a number of years on a pc feeding an apache web server on a linux (Fedora) box (http://www.craythorneweather.info) from a Fine Offset weather station, I have changed to running MX on a raspberry pi 3. This has enabled me to get the wireless receiver and raspberry pi far closer to the weather station than was possible with my pc and eliminate the high level of signal drop outs that were occurring.
My templates are modified versions of the standard templates and the installation of the latest versions of MX and mono on the RPI went without a hitch.
At the moment I am feeding two systems from MX on the RPI, my original apache server by ftp on the fedora system which is exposed to the outside world and a nginx web server on the RPI with files copied using the 'extra web files' facility which I can browse on the local network.
As both systems use the same files they are identical with the exception of the moon graphic. The PHP coding for this works perfectly on the apache server but not on the nginx one. It's not a question of PHP not working on nginx as I can run a test PHP file and get the correct result. As it is the same file that sent to both servers I am at a loss to isolate the cause.
Any suggestion on how to narrow down my search for the error would be most welcome.
Joe Curtis
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: CumulusMX Raspberry PI and nginx

Post by mcrossley »

Do you have the PHP GD package installed?

Which moon graphic code are you using?
Joe Curtis

Post by Joe Curtis »

I am using files (and instructions) out of the moonphase.zip file from David at djmsystems. The version of PHP I have on the RPI is PHP5-FPM which is the version shown in most of the nginx configuration examples I have seen.
I'll read up on GD and substitute that. Many thanks for the pointer.
Joe Curtis
Joe Curtis

Post by Joe Curtis »

That solved it. Many thanks. I can now get on with my life!
Joe Curtis