Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Acurite 5 in 1 / Cumulus MX / Importing JSON

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

dannyllama
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: W7 64

Acurite 5 in 1 / Cumulus MX / Importing JSON

Post by dannyllama »

Hi everyone

My WH1080 weather station was damaged, and so I replaced it with a cheaper Acurite 5 in 1 (new for $60)! I know that it doens't have a PC/USB interface, but I am able to receive its data using an SDR radio (RTL-SDR v3 and RTL_433). From the RTL_433 app I am able to get a JSON file containing the sensor readings. Is it possible to import this JSON into Cumulus MX, and read in the values? I am not a developer, so scripting would be an issue for me.

Thanks in advance.
Steepleian
Weather Station: WH2650
Operating System: Debian 9

Re: Acurite 5 in 1 / Cumulus MX / Importing JSON

Post by Steepleian »

dannyllama wrote:Hi everyone

My WH1080 weather station was damaged, and so I replaced it with a cheaper Acurite 5 in 1 (new for $60)! I know that it doens't have a PC/USB interface, but I am able to receive its data using an SDR radio (RTL-SDR v3 and RTL_433). From the RTL_433 app I am able to get a JSON file containing the sensor readings. Is it possible to import this JSON into Cumulus MX, and read in the values? I am not a developer, so scripting would be an issue for me.

Thanks in advance.
Can you let us see a sample of the json file please.