Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Uploading to weatherlink.com while running CumulusMX

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

biltmorelaker
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspian - Stretch

Uploading to weatherlink.com while running CumulusMX

Post by biltmorelaker »

I have a Davis Vantage Vue Weather Station with a Davis WeatherLink IP data logger. The purchase of that logger provides uploading to the weatherlink.com website without any subscription fee.

My CumulusMX implementation on a Raspberry Pi works solidly for me when I disable uploads from the Davis Weatherlink IP data logger to weatherlink.com. When I enable the uploads, however, CumulusMX periodically crashes. This is a known issue. I know that the "disconnect period" parameter in CumulusMX can impact this. However, I haven't been able to find settings that work consistently. I am also aware of this thread from earlier this year - https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... erlink.com. It references using Meteobridge to try (unsuccessfully, apparently) to enable this.

Has anyone had luck in finding settings that will both allow uploads to weatherlink.com and running of CumulusMX to go on together? I've already invested in the Davis WeatherLink IP data logger and hate to give up the free weatherlink.com hosting, but want CumulusMX for all of its other valuable attributes.

Any other setups (I know that VirtualVP is gone and didn't support the LOOP2 command anyway) that folks are using to accomplish this?