Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Solar Radiation Constantly Maxed Out?

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

buffaloseven
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro
Operating System: macOS 11.1

Solar Radiation Constantly Maxed Out?

Post by buffaloseven »

Hi All,

I'm running CumulusMX 3043 hooked up to a Davis Vantage Pro (yes, old school) and it's been running pretty flawlessly for over a year now. One small issue has cropped up sometime in the last few beta releases that I just haven't been able to quite figure out: my UV and solar radiation readings end up maxing out. Even as I type this at 1:17 AM CDT in the middle of the night, my CumulusMX station is reporting a UV of 16.0 and solar insolation of 1775 W/m2.

I have no solar radiometer hooked up to my station or configured in CumulusMX. Any ideas why this might be happening, or is it just something I'll have to learn to live with?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Solar Radiation Constantly Maxed Out?

Post by steve »

The MX interface is completely user editable. So if there are items being displayed for sensors which you don’t actually have (which I think is what you’re saying), you can edit the files in the interface directory so that they aren’t displayed. Or, if you don’t feel able to do that, you can just ignore them. But I’m sure someone on the forum would be able to give you a nudge in the right direction.
Steve